Chapter. 27

Chapter. 27

Haley's POV

I was woken up when I heard a knock on my door. I looked up, expecting Alfie to come in, but Tom walked in with a mischievous smirk plastered over his face.

"How?" Was all I had to ask. How the hell did he just get out of his cell, come up eight floors without being caught and how did he know which was my room!

"Well." He said, jumping down on my bed next to me. "You were taking a while to come, so I thought I'd come to get you." He smirked.

"But that doesn't explain how you got out and found me without getting caught!" I laughed.

"Well, let's just say, the security here, is pathetic. I had one guard to get past and all I did was say, I'm looking for Haley jones, and he directed me here." He laughed. I hit him playfully, he's so damn cute when he laughs, but I rarely see it, so I like this side of Tom. "So anyway, I believe we made a deal yesterday?" He grinned, wiggling his eyebrows.

"One that I haven't completely agreed to." I laughed. He grinned down at me and in seconds our lips were joined. He tried slipping his hands under my tank top, but I quickly pulled away from the kiss, laughing my head off.

"Haley? Are you ticklish by any chance?" He laughed. Okay maybe I was a little bit, okay a lot. I bit down on my lip,

"Maybe." I smirked. I really shouldn't have told him that, because he just repeated the exact same thing, tickling my bare sides. "Tom! St- stop it!" I giggled.

"Never!" He laughed. He stopped as our lips collided, as he pulled me into him. He lay back, pulling me down so that I was on top of him. We both pulled away and simply stared into each other's eyes.

"I like you," he smiled.

"I like you too." I grinned. He suddenly caught me off guard and pulled my top off, but luckily I still had a bra on. "Tom!" I laughed. If he does it to me, then I'll do it to him! I quickly pulled his top off, leaving his chest bare. Wow, he is fit. I've never seen his front bare before, I wasn't really concentrating the last time.

"Like what you see, babe?" Tom smirked. I hit him playfully, before yawning. "You tired?" He asked.

"No getting back here at like midnight, then getting woken up at five o'clock this morning, I'm not tired at all!" I sneered sarcastically.

"You should get some rest, sorry I didn't realise it was that early." He grinned.

"What are you gunna do when I'm asleep?" I asked.

"I'll just watch you asleep." He smirked.

"Your not gunna do anything bad to me whilst I'm asleep?" I grinned.

"Nah, you might have a moustache drawn over your face, but nothing too bad." He grinned. I hit him playfully again, before snuggling up to his bare chest. He wrapped his arms around me, keeping me closer to him.

***

"Haley wake up!" Tom yelled.

"What's happened!" I asked alarmed, but as if on cue, I heard gunshots not very far away and an alarm going off, telling everyone to evacuate the base. "Shit!" I yelled.

"The war is less than a mile away." Tom said. He quickly pulled his dark blue shirt on, so I quickly changed into some of my black skinny jeans, a tank top and a baggy black sweatshirt. "Here take this," Tom said, passing me a gun. I looped the strap around my neck, keeping the gun close. Tom then passed me a bullet proof vest which I put on underneath my sweatshirt. He had the same weapons, but he also carried a spare gun, which was hidden in his jean's waist band, just like me. I quickly pulled out another tray of weapons I kept in my wardrobe in case of an emergency like this. I used my belt to hold knives, smoke bombs, knockout bombs, you name it, I probably had it. I handed the same stuff to Tom who did the same thing.

"Ready?" He asked. I bit down on my lip, nodding my head reluctantly. He saw my nervousness and came to my side. He wrapped an arm around my waist, pulling me into him, before pecking my lips. "I'm not gunna let anything bad happen to you, I promise." He said, with seriousness filling his eyes.

"It's not that I'm worried about me getting hurt, I'm worried about you. You can't fight against your own side!" I said,

"Watch me, they won't even realise." He said, wiping away a single tear which fell down my face,

"Let's go, the other hidden base is about fifteen miles from here." I said. We both ran out of my room and headed for the emergency exit. "Wait! Brooke is still in the hospital!" I yelled, changing my direction for the hospital section of the base. I ran straight to her room, she looked sicker than ever.

"What's wrong with her?" Tom asked, even though I knew he knew.

"The vampires got her first." I sighed.

"Wait! Where'd she get bitten?" Tom asked.

"Her neck." I replied, flinching slightly at the thought of the bite on my neck. Tom quickly walked over and bit into the other side of Brooke's neck. I watched all the venom inside her flood out of the bite Tom had made. Tom quickly grabbed a bandage and wrapped up her neck.

"Brooke do you feel okay enough to come with us?" I asked. Suddenly all the light came back to her face, as the venom was gone.

"Yes." She said weakly. She managed to climb out of the bed. "Come on, let's go." I said, as the gunshots echoed through the base. The vampires had made their way into the base. We ran for the emergency exit which was a long tunnel that lead outside. We quickly ducked into a gap in the wall as some vampires marched past, not even acknowledging us.

"Shit, I'll explain later," Tom said, as we followed him outside.

"Wait up!" A voice yelled from behind. Joey! Oh shit, Joey and Tom!

"Let's keep moving." Tom said bitterly at Joey once he'd caught up. I ran over to a black SUV, which still had the keys in.

"Get in!" I said to everyone. I sat in the passenger seat, letting Tom drive. I gave him the directions to the other base as we sped off.

"Joey, look under the car seats. The SUV's are all equipped with bullet proof vests and guns in case of an attack." I said. Joey pulled two vests out and gave one to Brooke and kept a gun for himself. I didn't want to have to give a gun to Brooke, she's too young, but if she's gunna survive she needs one. I reached under Tom's chair and pulled out a pistol, letting Joey explain to her how to use it. Tom stopped the car outside a big building which was near the base.

"You ready?" Tom asked everyone. We all nodded and jumped out of the car.

---

sorry! I know it's a short chapter, but I'll make it up to you guys by telling you this. The book will end soon, :( but there is still a few chapters left. but, I've decided to make it a series, so the next book will lead on from this book! VOTE, COMMENT!