25

Amora
Wednesday morning

"Good morning, beautiful," I said softly before kissing the side of Blythes face. "Good morning, love."

"Someone's happy." Blythe grinned moving closer to me. "Yes, I am." I can't stop smiling at her. "Let's see if you're this happy at work," Blythe said before getting out of bed.

"I officially hate that place." I rolled my eyes following behind her. "Then quit, find a new job."

"Why don't we both quit and find new jobs?" I looked up at her moving my arms around her waist. "I don't know about all that."

"I still have to take my drivers test, buy a car, a phone, maybe a wallet, and sign up for a few credit cards," Blythe said before putting her toothbrush in her mouth.

"I could teach you how to drive."

Last time I let Blythe drive my car she ran over a mailbox, and I swore to myself I'd never let her drive my car again.

"Stop being gay." Blythe laughed as I moved my hands inside her boxers. "The holidays are approaching," I said softly.

"Yeah, my first thanksgiving outside the asylum." Blythe sighed. "How do you feel?"

"It's another day, it's just you and your family. Nothing special."

"Well, we can always call you-know-who and have her come over," I suggested, moving my hands. "I'll think about it." Blythe let out as I smiled.

"You don't have to build up a wall, it's okay to let people in."

"I know, but years apart and she wants to be in my life. That seems pretty off." Blythe said as I nodded my head

"I understand that but at least think about getting to know her. You don't have to be best friends, just give her a chance." I placed my hands on her face while she let out a deep sigh.

"Fine."

I smiled kissing her lips. "Thank you, baby."

"Yeah, whatever." Blythe laughed kissing my cheek as I let her go. "I'm gonna make your lunch." I smiled waving bye.

I want Blythes' first thanksgiving to mean something to her. Even if her sister doesn't come Blythe will still have me.

"Have you seen my jacket?" Blythe asked coming down the stairs. "It's on the couch."

I smiled waiting for Blythe at the door with her lunch. "For you, my love," I said softly. "Thank you, I'll see you tonight." Blythe kissed me before smiling.

"Alright." I let out leaning against the door. I have a half-hour before I go to work, I still don't know how I'm gonna spend it.

"That's cute, you have a family of your own," I said walking besides Marie. We're talking about our thanksgiving plans and she's spending it with her husband and kids.

"Yeah, I'm with Blythe and my family, nothing too serious." I smiled pressing the third-floor button on the elevator. "Aren't you excited? You and Blythe spending the holidays together." Marie grinned at me as I nodded my head.

"Of course I am, but I don't want to make a big deal of something that she's not worried about."

Like Blythe said earlier thanksgiving out the asylum is just 'another day.' I think we've been doing good with each other. I think we just needed to touch each other in order to get rid of all the tension between us.

"Don't put too much thought into it, I'm sure Blythe is happy to be around."

"I'm sure she is too." I sighed leaning against the elevator wall. "It's almost break time, hang in there." Marie chuckled while getting off the elevator.