Cold Shoulder

(Word count: 1534

I saw this on the Hermittpad Recap Discord, said by ! I loved it immediately.

A bit of Architects angst because why not

Also a little headcanon in which Grian is sensitive and really takes his friends' feedback to heart)

"Where's Grian? This is the third meeting he hasn't shown up to."

Iskall rested his head on the Sahara meeting table, groaning slightly. How were they supposed to conduct an Architects meeting without the person who started Architects in the first place?

Mumbo shrugged. Iskall literally had to drag him to the Sahara meeting room after the first meeting without Grian. Neither he or Mumbo had shown up, and Iskall had sat alone in the meeting room.

The environment wasn't as cheery without the builder with them. He was busy doing things with the Hippies, but the Architects needed to figure out what to do with Sahara NOW. The area still needed to be built, and not to mention the Redstone and time advertising it. As much as Iskall was enjoying spectating the Area 77 shenanigans, but they really needed Grian on board for this project.

And it would also be great if he took a shower. That would be nice, too.

"So, what are we going to do with Sahara NOW?" Mumbo, bless him, was trying to take charge as best as he could.

It was Iskall's turn to shrug. "Honestly, we need all three of us here to figure this out. And since Grian's busy over at Hippieland..." Iskall didn't mean to sound resentful, but it leaked out.

"Should we try to bring him over?"

Iskall sighed. Mumbo flinched a bit. "Did I say something wrong?"

"What?" Iskall realized that Mumbo thought his sigh was directed at him. "No, no! Sorry. I just think that we need to put Sahara NOW on hold for now. Work on other projects."

Mumbo twiddled his thumbs. "I mean, we've been getting complaints about the warehouse lately. Maybe that?"

Iskall winced at the thought of having to possibly rewire all the modules. "You sure? That's a lot of work."

"Someone has to do some Sahara projects, don't they?" Even Mumbo's voice was laced with a bit of annoyance at Grian.

"Let's do it, then."

----------

"I'm back!"

Grian entered the Sahara meeting room with a flourish, grinning. It was a week after the Area 77 going-ons had ended. He was back in his normal attire. He expected a warm welcome, or at least a smile or two.

What he didn't expect was an empty meeting room.

"...Guys?" Grian tried for a smile. "Is this a joke?" He forced a laugh. "Ha ha. Very funny."

After almost a whole month of not being able to work on Sahara, Grian decided it was high time the Architect boys had a meeting. To celebrate his return, Grian had left signs all over Iskall and Mumbo's bases, telling them to meet him here today. At this time. There was no way they could have missed the sign spam. So where were they?

Grian checked to see if either of them was online. Mumbo was. Well, he had a good excuse--he always forgot about meetings. That was probably it. A few leaflet drops should remind him.

Mumbo had been doing a lot of work in his industrial area lately. From what Grian had heard (and experienced, because of the lag), Mumbo had managed to build one farm and was currently building another one. He would probably be there.