Who Is In Control? || Hermitober

(Me: *sees potentially angsty prompt*

Also me: GRIAN.

Song: Control by Halsey—gods, this song is so perfect for so many stories

This is dark I'm sorry why do I do this

I'm also working on a new Infinity Portal chapter so look out for that!)

Grian sometimes did things he regretted.

Messing with Mumbo when he was sleep deprived and trying to do Redstone. Attempting to prank Doc. Deciding to see if a Creeper would blow up if ignited with a flint and steel.

But there were other times where he did things where he wasn't in control. And that was all the Watchers' fault.

All of it was their fault.

Grian grew paranoid, worried they were coming for him—to do things for their bidding. He'd placed precautions, tried everything to stop it...

He'd tried to keep it a secret, but it wasn't long until someone found out.

The Watchers already had taken everything about Evo from him. He'd barely escaped from them and ended up in Hermitcraft, but they had left a permanent mark on him.

The Watchers could enter Grian's mind—all of the Watchers, former or not, were linked in a way. And the Watchers abused this power constantly.

Sometimes it was normal—just a slight tug in the back of Grian's mind, a misfired rocket, placing the wrong blocks, but other times...it was major. It caused things like lashing out at Iskall for absolutely no reason, starting a civil war, completely losing control of himself at times...

Please, Grian, stop, you're scaring me!

As far as Grian knew, there was no cure for this. He was permanently connected with people he hated. They had taken everything from him. They used him for things he didn't want to do.

It makes him wonder, sometimes...who is in control?