Behind The Scenes

(Word count: 869

First of all, thanks for 7K! My notifications have been flooded recently and I've also reached 50 followers! So thanks for all the support!

This fic was so fun to write. I had the idea in the middle of class and I started grinning like an idiot over it.)

Who knew filming a commercial was so hard?

Granted, no commercial was like the one Mumbo was filming.

The announcer couldn't stop gawking at G-Team's base. The script was terrible. The rest of Team STAR was too busy rapping to help him.

("C'mon, Mumby, this song will probably promote Team STAR than that commercial.")

Mumbo tried to balance the messy script and his filming camera. They were on the roof of Team STAR's base, trying to film a shot. Or, well, Mumbo was trying to film the shot.

"This base is a masterpiece," the announcer marveled. "The structure, the color scheme."

"You were supposed to be perfect," Mumbo muttered under his breath. Loudly, he said, "What line makes Team STAR sound like a good team?"

The announcer didn't answer. Mumbo sighed loudly, glancing at his script. "Please?"

He finally turned around, posing like a Shakespearean actor. "Sometimes I don't sleep, just to make sure the moon doesn't feel lonely."

Mumbo blinked. "Oh, for goodness' sake..."

"You can thank the inspiration of this base," the announcer said, gesturing to G-Team's headquarters. Mumbo would admit the base was a magnificent thing--I mean, he was part of their team, technically--but he needed to focus on Team STAR.

As he went back down into the main part of the base, a loud crash reverberated through the room. Mumbo looked back and groaned loudly.

"You have got to be kidding me. Doc, that was the stage!"

Doc looked up from where he was holding the smoking remains of the red curtain. "I didn't do anything..."

"And this is why you don't use a campfire as a smoke machine," Mumbo sighed. "That was the next shot we needed to film!"

"Can I go back to recording Hermitgang?"

"You know what, just go. We'll deal with this later."

Mumbo turned to the announcer. "Okay, we need to record your voiceover."

The announcer was back to staring at G-Team's base.

"Look, when I'm back on G-Team after I've been busted, you can ogle at the base as much as you'd like." Mumbo dragged him to the filming setup he had haphazardly made. "Script. Now."

Finally, after much begging and hassling, Mumbo had a decent recording of the voiceover.

"Now for the player spotlights."

From a room away, Mumbo could hear the pounding bass and hi-hats of a rap song. He walked over to the room and opened the door wide and chose the first person he saw. "Impulse. Come with me."

It was nighttime. Mumbo had been working hard for the whole day. He ushered Impulse over to a relatively empty field and taught him the lines he had to say.

Impulse looked very confused. "Did you come up with that line yourself?"

"You can blame the announcer. Look, just say the line, and you can go back to recording Hermitgang or whatever."

He repeated this same process with Doc and a few other Team STAR members. Mumbo was almost done. He just needed a word from a G-Team member, and he could edit the video.

Iskall was online.

Mumbo tracked him down and quickly put TNT around him. Iskall yelped in surprise, but then realized it was Mumbo.

"Just go along with what I do, okay?"

Iskall read the piece of paper Mumbo gave him. He laughed a little, but it died when he saw the sign Mumbo had put up.

SAY WHAT I TOLD YOU TO SAY. OTHERWISE YOU BLOW UP.

Iskall quickly read off the line, then dashed off. "Please don't threaten me with TNT ever again."

Back in Team STAR's base, Mumbo sipped a cup of coffee as he edited the video. He added some dramatic background music and made the best of the voiceover the announcer had gave him. The other members of the team had gone to bed a long time ago. Mumbo worked tirelessly, trying to finish the video.

He must have fallen asleep, because when he woke up, it was morning. X and Doc were behind him. "Hey. You've been working pretty hard lately. Wanna take a break?"

Mumbo scrambled to save his project. Thank goodness--all the footage was still there. The music and voiceover were intact. In his haste, he spilled his half-drunk cup of coffee and knocked over the script.

"Sorry, sorry. I have to finish this."

X helped him pick up the script. Doc cleaned up the coffee spill. "Hermitgang can wait. We can help you finish the video."

They ended up rewriting the commercial entirely, making the script better and finally figuring out how to make the announcer cooperate (they recorded him when he was looking at G-Team's base, so that way the voiceover actually sounded good). All of the Team STAR members got together and filmed a dramatic team introduction. Impulse, Doc, and the other interview were redone. The only thing that wasn't touched was Iskall's clip--that was fine the way it was.

After they were done, all of the members but Mumbo went back to recording Hermitgang. Mumbo saved the file and uploaded it. Finally. Now he could work on any of the other multiple projects he had to do.

First things first: mole projects. He needed to report this all to Grian.