Lunch Surprise

Author's Note: a short and sweet little chapter. I have one special chapter planned that I'll get to work on soon after I post this one.

*   *   *

Hermione gathered up the homemade sandwiches and placed them gently into the brown paper bag. It had been two weeks since Draco had kissed her for the second time. Two weeks since Hermione had officially agreed to go out with Draco.

Not long after the scavenger hunt which she and Draco had kicked everyone's butt in, they found out that it wasn't just Ginny playing matchmaker. Narcissa had been in on it which explained the random tea date and the reason behind her and Ginny hanging out. George had also been in on it and had placed the ear into the box for recon. When she and Draco had found out what George had done they went directly to his shop and placed a few traps as payback. To her surprise, they had found out that Rose and Scorpius were also in on it. She had owled Rose and told her that she was grounded for summer break. Rose had owled her back and told her that Draco had given Scorpius a brand new broom and money to take Rose out on a nice date as a reward. Hermione had a very long conversation with Draco on the proper etiquette to raising children, and how to properly punish them.

She grabbed the bag and apparated to Draco's office. He looked up at her with a loving smile. "Is that my lunch?" He gestured to the paper bag with his chin.

She boldly walked over to his seat and sat down on his lap. "No, it's mine."

He laughed and laid his chin on her shoulder. "What did you make?"

She pulled out two sandwiches. "Ham and cheese." She held one up to her shoulder where his head was. He took a bite of the offered sandwich.

She felt him swallow. "I could get used to this." He kissed her cheek. So could she.