The Weasley Blood

"What have I done," cried Hermione as she apparated into her bedroom. She sunk down onto the bed and covered her face with her hands. "What have I done?" She cried out again.

A light knock sounded on her door. "Mum, are you alright?"

"I'm fine Rose. Go back to reading." Hermione waited for a few seconds for her daughter to leave before she sunk down onto the floor. What was she going to do? Draco kissed her, and she kissed him back. Why would he do that? Better yet, why would she?

The door to her room creaked open and Rose barged in with a scowl. "I knew everything wasn't alright! What happened?"

Her daughter sounded furious and so unlike herself that Hermione found herself answering. "I kissed somebody, somebody who wasn't your father."

Rose's scowl disappeared and she sunk down on the floor beside her, wrapping her arms around her. "Mr. Malfoy?" Hermione looked at her daughter with wide eyes. Rose sighed. "You know he likes you, right?" She felt her shock growing with how perceptible her daughter was. Were Draco's feelings that obvious to everyone but her? Rose shook her head causing her brown curls to shift against her shoulders. "And, you obviously like him."

"What about your father?"

Rose placed her small hand on top of hers. "He's been gone for over a year now. He would want you to be happy."

"You're not angry or upset?"

"No one can ever replace dad but there is always room for more in our hearts. I just want you to be happy. You just need to decide if there's more than just friendship between you and Mr. Malfoy, though, you did kiss him, so I'm guessing there is." Hermione couldn't believe what she was hearing. Her daughter sounded so grownup, but of course she was, she was already in her fifth year of Hogwarts.

Hermione wiped away the few tears that had sprung out of her eyes. "What do you think about him?" She was curious about what her daughter thought about the man since he may one day in the future become Hermione's boyfriend. That was still a very strange thought.

"From what Scorpius has told me and from what I have seen, he seems like a really nice person. A little insecure and shy, a bit harsh when he doesn't know what to say, but nice and caring. He's also very handsome. "

"You've been talking to Scorpius, now have you." Hermione teased her daughter, poking her in the side with her elbow.

Rose's cheeks flushed red. "I'll tell you about that later." She whispered in a quiet voice.

Hermione laughed. "I already know. You didn't hide it very well." In truth, Scorpius had told his dad who had told Hermione. She would have never guessed that her daughter had went from crushing on the boy to dating him. She would also never tell Rose that Scorpius had told his dad, the girl would make the poor boy's life a living nightmare if she ever found out.

"You're not mad at me?"

Hermione shook her head. "I could never be mad at you."

. . .

"What the bloody hell have I done?" Draco stomped around his bedroom, trying to get the annoying suit he wore off. A light tap sounded from his bedroom door. "What!" He snarled when he opened the door. Scorpius's eyes widened and his lower lip trembled. "Oh, Scorpius." He wrapped his son in a hug. "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to snap at you. I'm just frustrated."

Scorpius stopped trembling in his arms and hugged him back. "Did something happen?"

Draco pulled away with a small smile. "It's nothing you need to worry about." Scorpius nodded then left.

Once he was alone Draco stripped out of his dress pants and threw on some slacks while still muttering to himself. He just ruined one of the very few good things in his life. How could he be such an idiot? How could he kiss someone who he had just recently thought of as a friend? How and when did he start falling for her? "Oh, Astoria, what am I to do?" He looked up to the ceiling as he sat down on his bed. He was starting to think he really was an idiot, asking his deceased wife help with his feelings for another woman.

He loosened the tie around his neck before throwing it and the white button up shirt onto the floor. Once he was shirtless, he threw himself back onto the bed. Maybe if he fell asleep the night's events would be erased or at least, forgotten. He highly doubted that.

He put an arm over his eyes and tried to simply forget his mistake. Only if Hermione could forget too, that would make things easier for him.

His door creaked open. "Dad, are you awake?"

He rolled over then put his feet onto the floor. "Did you need something Scorpius?"

"Rose...nevermind." He watched as Scorpius turned to leave. The door was almost shut before Scorpius whispered a question. "Do you like Mrs. Weasley, Rose's mum, I mean?"

Draco sighed, regretting his silent vow to never lie to his son, or to anyone he loved. "Yes." With that simple answer, Scorpius shut the door behind him, leaving Draco all alone in the dark room and his treacherous thoughts.

. . .

"Ginny, please tell me." Ginny walked up the stairs to their bedroom to change out of the dress that she wore. Her husband was still begging for her to tell him what he had missed at the party. She wanted to tell him but was afraid he would freak out. Harry was about ready to enter the room when James called him to his room. She let out a sigh of relief.

She just pulled on her night outfit when a tapping came from her window. Standing on the window sill with a note tied to its ankle was Hermione's owl.

Ginny opened the window and took the note. She was expecting it to be from Hermione but was surprised to find that it was from Rose. She quickly read over the letter and smiled at her niece's develishness, something that she had inherited from her Weasley blood.

She grabbed her quill and wrote a quick reply on the back of the letter.

Yes.

~Aunt Ginny

A Second Chanceजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें