Trust but Verify

<edited>

   "Ted Gaynor, we're gonna have a conversation. You make a move, go for a gun, anything and things will end badly for you." I hear the hood say as I watch from the hallway. Okay, so maybe I followed the hood here. But it's not stalking, just some recon.

    "Put the bow down." I hear and look to see dig there.

   "Diggle?" I ask and then an arrow flys to me and hits my shoulder. I look to see the hood staring at me and I run off in the other direction.

                                ▪️▪️▪️

    "Em, you home?" I hear Felicity call out when she walks in the house.

   "Um, yeah, be out in a second." I say and tape down the gauze over the arrow wound. I grab all of the cotton swabs and wrappers and throw them in the trash can next to me. I place my sports bra strap over the gauze and breathe through the pain. I pull my sweatshirt over my head and head outside and find Felicity in the kitchen. "Hey, how was work?" I ask her.

   "The same." She tells me.

   "No weird favors for Oliver?" I joke, but I was actually interested. Why was Diggle at that building last night with the hood? I know the police ruled Oliver out as a suspect for the hood but maybe he wanted it that way.

   "No, are you going to be here for dinner?" She asks me with a laugh.

   "No, Thea called me earlier to say she bought me a dress for her party and wants me to try it on." I tell her.

   "Good, I'm actually working tonight, I came home to grab a few things." She tells me and I smile.

   "I should really get going." I tell her and grab my keys. "Text me if you need anything." I tell her and leave.

                                  ▪️▪️▪️

   "Are you sure, Thea?" I ask her looking in the mirror at the white dress she wants me to wear.

   "Yes, you look hot. And Ollie is going to love it." She tells me and I give her a look. "Oh, come on! You guys went on a date. And I know for a fact that he likes you, he's told me." She tells me.

   "One, that date went up in flames. Literally, his club was on fire. Also, I'm not entirely sure he asked me as a date." I tell her and now she gives me a look. "Two, he talks about me?" I ask and she smiles.

   "Yeah, he does." She says and I smile.

   "Come on, we should get down stairs." I tell her and she nods.

   "You look beautiful." I hear Oliver tell me and I smile and hug him as he kisses my cheek.

   "I feel like I'm crashing some high school party." I tell him with a laugh.

   "Don't worry you fit it." He tells me with a smile on his face and I roll my eyes.

   "Okay, I get it. You're saying I look like I'm 17, well... I take that as a compliment." I tell him and he laughs.

   "I... will be right back." He tells me and he walks over to Diggle. I go to follow or be close enough to hear them but then I see Thea walk down stairs and head towards the door. I follow after her and run after her and get into her car with her.

   "You should go back to the party." She tells me.

   "I'm not leaving you." I tell her and she sighs and drives off. "Thea, what happened?" I ask her and she starts to speed. "Slow down." I tell her but she doesn't listen. "Thea!" I say as she moves into the other lane with an incoming car. I take the wheel and turn it and move my body in front of Thea's so I take the blow.

                                   ▪️▪️▪️

    "Hey," I say as I open my eyes and see Oliver there. "I'm having some Déjà vu, except it's me in the hospital." I tell him and he laughs. That's when I notice the tears.

   "Ollie, I'm fine. Promise. Just a head ache." I tell him. "How's Thea?" I ask him.

   "She's alright. Still upset." He tells me.

   "Why do you look so worried?" I ask him and take his hand in mine.

   "They didn't know when you were going to wake up. They said you had a concussion, bad. They didn't know if or when you would wake up. But it's only been a few hours." He tells me and I smile.

   "I'm alright, Ollie. Have you been here all night?" I ask him and he shakes his head.

   "I had some business at the club but I've been here for a few hours. Thought you'd like some food when you woke up." He tells me and I smile as he brings out a bag of Big Belly Burger.

   "I'm starving." I tell him and try to sit up and he helps me putting a pillow behind me. "Oh, maybe I'm a little sore, too." I tell him and he smiles.

   "Take it easy, they're gonna keep you over tonight." He tells me and I nod.

   "Great. Uncomfortable hospital beds." I say and he laughs. "Thank you, for being here." I say with a smile.

   "Where else would I be?" He asks and I smile and go to grab the bag.

   "Did you get fries?" I ask him and he gives me a look.

   "Did I get fries?" He asks with a scoff and pulls out a thing of fries.