0.12 Protect

Charlotte and Leah sat on the concrete slab outside the shop watching as Paul worked on fixing the dent

Charlotte and Leah sat on the concrete slab outside the shop watching as Paul worked on fixing the dent. Charlotte realized the more time she spent with him, the more felt oddly connected to the man. Well, boy really. Charlotte was six years older than Paul, it wasn't a big age gap, but still big enough. Her heart hurt as she realized she saw him like a younger brother. Imagining what Atticus would have been like if he hadn't lost his life that day. A stray tear ran down her cheek and she jumped as she felt Leah wipe it away. Leah wrapped an arm over her shoulder and tugged her down to lean her head on her shoulder. The two friends say in silence, only making noise to giggle as Paul stubbed his toe and yelled "Shit biscuits!" Time flew and soon three hours had passed and the dent was non existent.

"And done!" Paul cheered and threw his hand rag on the ground, "What on Earth did you hit anyway?"

Charlotte flushed and turned her head to avoid both the states of Paul and Leah. She muttered something quietly and both of them burst out laughing.

"Are you serious?!" Paul gasped through his laugh.

"How?" Leah smirked.

"He wouldn't move. I thought he would! I was barely moving! He just stood there! It was just a tap!" Charlotte groaned and laid back on the ground.

"Just a tap?" Paul snickered.

"Which one?" Leah questioned.

"Emmett." Charlotte whined and covered her face.

"The big one?"

"The ugly one?"

Both Quileutes asked at the same time.

"He wasn't hurt though!" Charlotte tried to defend herself.

"I wonder why." Leah rolled her eyes and sneered, Paul shooting her an amused look.

"Like you haven't hit anything before!"

"Not a person!"

"I wouldn't call him a person. More like a thing."

"Paul!"

"What?!"

The three joked for an hour more before a loud howl was heard.

"Is that a wolf?" Charlotte gasped.

"Charlotte you need to go." Leah growled and started pushing her towards the car.

"What why?" Charlotte stuttered.

"Go! Hurry!" Paul shouted and started ripping off his t-shirt.

"What's going on?" Charlotte asked as Leah shoved her into the driver seat.

"Just go! Drive as fast as you can and whatever you do don't stop." Leah ordered and buckled Charlotte in.

"I don't understand!" She cried and gripped her friend's shirt.

More howls were heard and they were closer.

"Leah!" Paul screamed as he kicked off his shoes and started running for the trees.

"I know!" She roared over her shoulder and grabbed Charlotte tightly, "Do you trust me?"

"Of course I do." Charlotte gulped when she saw the power in Leah's eyes.

"Drive. Drive and don't stop. You'll be okay. You're safe. Just drive." Leah kissed her head and slammed the door shut before following after Paul.

Charlotte fumbled with her keys and was crying as she started the car. She tore out of the shop and floored it down the road. She could hear the howling increase and heard growls in the trees. She was going 75 in a 45 zone when she caught sight of a large silver wolf following her car. She screamed when a flash of color tackled the wolf into the forest and she heard a pained howl. She pressed her foot as hard against the pedal as she could when suddenly... She was no longer in her car, but held tightly in a strange man's arms.

"No!" She screamed and tried to fight him off, but the man was to strong.

"Forgive me, but we had no other choice." Elias hissed at something behind them and took off at high speed.

Charlotte gripped his shirt tightly and screamed as the world around her blurred. She shouted as she was flung from the man's arms and hovering in the air. She kicked her feet wildly as she floated higher and higher in the air. As she moved up passed the trees she saw a different man jump in the air after her. His eyes wild and red as he eyed her like prey.

"Come here, you bitch!" He roared but just as he went to grip her ankle a foot slammed into his face.

Charlotte screamed as a new man appeared and began to tear at the other in mid air. The man was dressed in gray and had a golden necklace dangling off his chest. As he landed on a tree top with the other's head in his hands he shouted.

"Hawthorne! She needs to be higher!"

"On it!" A new voice sounded from somewhere below and Charlotte felt her eyes droop.

The man looked up as Charlotte began moving higher into the air and flashed the same red eyes. But these eyes didn't see her as prey.

"Don't worry, your Majesty. We will protect you." He nodded and dropped to the forest floor.

Charlotte felt her heart beat widely and saw a flash of white before her eyes closed.

"Adelaide! Get her out of here!"

And Charlotte blacked out.

A young woman dressed in white flashed next to Queen and wrapped her arms around her unconscious body. She cradled the Queen gently and dropped drastically to the ground. She braced Charlotte for impact and slammed into the ground, a crater forming beneath her. Howls and screams filled the forest as the woman raced passed. A newborn vampire tried to tackle her but Celeste blocked it at the last second. The two women nodded at each other before she took off again. Moments later two more came at her from both sides and she ducked down.

The newborns slammed into a shimmering shield and then were pushed violently in opposite directions. The woman ignored them and gave a side eye to a man in a brown cloak, but kept moving again. Her body dropped as a wave of pain hit her and she collapsed, wrapping her arms around Charlotte as a different enemy stalked towards her. This newborn held her hands out in front of her and licked her lips.

"Just give me the human."

"You have a lot to learn." The white cloaked woman smirked and suddenly the pain was reflected back at the newborn. While the newborn howled in pain, a blonde man with golden eyes ripped her limbs off.

"Go!" Jasper shouted and punched an incoming newborn.

Adelaide nodded continued forward pushing through fur and cold flesh. Just as she came to a cliff she was grabbed and Charlotte's body tumbled from her arms. Adelaide screamed as Charlotte fell over the edge. Her eyes wide in fear as hands started to pry her head from her neck. She roared in anguish when her left leg was thrown away. The last thing she saw was Charlotte's brown locks disappear over the rocks and then a black cloak vanishing after her.

-Prologue End-