0.11 Talk

Charlotte sighed as she closed her eyes and enjoyed the hot water and bubbles

Charlotte sighed as she closed her eyes and enjoyed the hot water and bubbles. Her hair cascading down over her shoulders. She turned her head at the sound of a knock on the door.

"Yes?" She asked and sat up a little bit, the bubbles covering her chest.

"Charlotte? It's Bella. Can I come in?"

"I am taking a bath so be warned." Charlotte chuckled and waved as Bella opened the door.

"You've scarred me enough in my life." Bella laughed and sat down on the toilet seat. Charlotte caught the sad look in her eyes.

"What's wrong, Bells?" She asked.

"Charlotte... I was so cruel to you." Bella sighed and brought her knees up to her chest.

Charlotte sank lower in the tub and looked up at the ceiling, "I forgave you already."

"You shouldn't have. I was wrong. I was very wrong. It was horrible to say that stuff to you. You are always taking care of me. And I threw all that back in your face."

"You were hurting, Bella. You didn't mean it." Charlotte whispered and laid a hand on Bella's knee.

"Still... I am really sorry."

"Thanks, Bells." Charlotte smiled and tapped her knee, "Now you need to get out unless you want an eyefull."

"I am gone!" Bella laughed and stood up to open the door, "Oh yeah, Paul called. Wants you to stop by the shop and see him. Says he has a present for you."

"Oh? Well that's doesn't scare me at all." Charlotte giggled and waved Bella out.

Once Bella left and the door was shit behind her Charlotte stood up. Unplugging the tub she stepped out onto the fluffy mat and stretched. Water dripped down her body and she reached for a towel. As she started to wrap her hair she glanced in the mirror. Charlotte was a confident woman, always had been. She knew she was pretty, maybe not beautiful (No matter what Charlie and Ms. Carlos said), but certainly pretty. Only one thing bothered her. Her finger tips traced the edges of the scar along her belly. The skin torn and permanently disfigured. A tear fell from her blue eyes and hit the bath mat. It was because of this scar she had never let a man into her bed. It was large and covered a huge area. A painful reminder of a day she barely remembered. Just feeling it she could still smell the gas and blood. Blood. So much blood. And this scar did more then ruin her body image... Beneath it lay a secret only she knew.

Around the time Charlotte turned 20 she had a doctor's appointment that changed her life all over again she remembered how she sobbed on the floor and her doctor rubbed her back.

"I am so sorry, Ms. Frost. The damage done... There is nothing we can do. It's just not possible."

"There are still options open to you in the future. This doesn't mean you can't be a mother one day. It just means you can give a good life to a child who has been denied that."

Charlotte shook the memory from her head and finished drying herself off. She wrapped the towel around her waste and started braiding her damp hair. She hummed a tone her mother used to sing her and opened the door slowly. Peeking out to check for any sign of Charlie she dashed down the hall to the stairs that lead to her bedroom in the attic. Closing the door behind her she sighed in relief and scolded herself for forgetting to bring clothes. Again. She opened her curtains that covered the far window, one that point directly to the forest. She smiled at the view and dropped her towel before digging through her dresser.

Hawthorne was on watch duty and lounging lazily on a branch watching the house. He looked down when he heard the Queen open her curtains and yelped at the sight,"Oh shit!"
Falling backwards off his branch he nearly crashed to the ground before using his gift to catch himself. The guard lowered himself and shook the image of the nearly bare Queen from his head.

"Phew... That was a close one." He muttered and the idea of what the Masters would do if he saw her naked... Hawthorne shuddered in fear.

Stepping out onto the porch with a bright smile Charlotte covered her eyes from the sun. It was an oddly bright day in Forks. She slipped a pair of sandals on her feet and hopped into her car. As she began backing out of the drive she turned on the radio and nodded her head along to the music. Driving down the street she slowed around the blind corner and bit her lip. Everytime she passed this spot she held back tears. Three wooden crosses were planted in the ground where her family had passed on.

"Don't cry, Lotti. Don't cry." She whimpered to herself and put her foot back on the gas.

The drive to the 'Wolf Brothers' Auto Shop' was slow and mainly uneventful. It sat right on the border of the Quileute reservation, La Push, and the town of Forks. She giggled when she saw an oil covered Paul standing out front waiting for her. He wore torn jeans, black boots and a black tank top. The younger man smiled and waved happily as she parked. As she unbuckled he leaned against the front of her car.

"Hi, Paul. Bella said you called." She raised a brow as she stepped out of the car.

"I did." He smirked and gave her an amused look at her choice of shirt. If only she knew how funny her 'Frog Brother's Vampire Hunting' shirt really was to him.

"Why?" Charlotte leaned next to him.

"Payment for the lessons." Paul chuckled and tapped a dirty finger on her nose.

Charlotte gasped and wiped her nose only to find a smudge of black on her hand.

"Paul!" She whined and tried to look at her reflection in the driver side window wiping furiously at her face "I told you not to pay for that."

"Who said it was money?" Paul snickered and passed her a semi clean handkerchief.

"What?" Charlotte looked at him confused until he tapped the dent in her front bumper, "You can't be serious."

"Don't call me Shirley." Paul winked and pushed off her car, "Alright, let's get you inside. Leah has been on my ass all day about you coming over."

Charlotte rolled her eyes at Paul and followed after him, "You don't have to fix that, you know."

"I know, but I want to. Call it bartering. You teach me, I fix your piece of shit car." Paul laughed and held open the door for her bowing low and using a posh accent, "My Lady."

"It's not a piece of shit!" She scowled and pinched his nose as she entered.

Charlotte's blue eyes glowed with joy as she laid eyes on her childhood best friend, Leah Clearwater. The woman was sitting on the counter and munching on a half eaten muffin.

"Hey." Leah nodded as she stuffed another muffin in her mouth, "What the hell is on your face?"