The Guard *Updated 12'13'23*

Hawthorne was perched on a high branch of one of the redwoods that circled the Swan property, laying on his side with one arm holding up his head, watching the Swan house and snickering as he listened to his Queen's lecture

Hawthorne was perched on a high branch of one of the redwoods that circled the Swan property, laying on his side with one arm holding up his head, watching the Swan house and snickering as he listened to his Queen's lecture. The woman that was now his Queen tearing the weeping and whiny teenage girl a new one. She had quite the temper and he was excited to see how the Kings would react to it. Mostly how Lord Caius would handle it. He snickered at the idea of Charlotte shaking a finger at the blonde king and him pouting at her tone. From the corner of his eye he saw a small pine cone be launched through the air towards him. With a howl of laughter he ducked and grinned at an annoyed Demetri.

"Missed me, missed me. Now you gotta kiss me." He grinned and laughed when Demetri cringed away from his puckered lips.

"Could you be any more annoying?" Alec grumbled and rubbed his temples as if he had a head ache. If there was a vampire capable of causing another's headache it would for sure be the cheeky bastard known as Hawthorne.

"Don't even get him started." Three heads snapped up to see a woman sitting higher up in the tree and glaring down at them, her brown hair braided beautifully over her shoulder and her gray robes perfectly clean despite the amount of pine needles around. 

"Iris." Demetri nodded in greeting, bowing his head slightly in respect to the much older guard.

"Now just what is that supposed to mean?" Hawthorne pouted, his bottom lip sticking out and making Alec desperate to rip it out of his throat.

"That you're an annoying idiotic brat." Another woman sitting in a tree on the other side of the house snorted, her black hair shined in the moonlight like polished obsidian. 

"That's painful to say Celeste!" Hawthorne muttered, huffing and puffing as his fellow guards made fun of him.

"Shut up, all of you." Elias snarled as he appeared on the rooftop, his boots making no sound on the shingles and his white cape silently blowing in the wind around him. 

"You're back fast." Alec raised a brow, impressed by Elias's quickness and proficiency. 

"The wolves are patrolling the borders. They know we are here. Mangy mutts." Elias hissed and brushed a twig off his white coat, grumbling about the dirt.

"Seriously though. I don't understand why we wear white. Like come on. We have a snack and our clothes are red. We get in a fight and our clothes are dirty." Hawthorne gestured towards his pants and the bark pieces that littered them.

"Idiot." Celeste sighed and Iris snickered.

"Celesteeeee. Why you gotta be so mean?" Hawthorne whined.

"We have been over this before." Elias grunted as he listened in on Charlotte's words, staring down at the roof annoyed he could not see through it.

"What do you mean he tried to kill himself?! He went all the way to Italy to kill himself?! Because he thought you were dead?! How the hell did he think that?! Is he an idiot?!"