Relation (Updated 12/14/23)

That morning Charlotte was happily making breakfast for Charlie who has just come home from the station, pretending that the previous night had not happened so as not to panic the man

That morning Charlotte was happily making breakfast for Charlie who has just come home from the station, pretending that the previous night had not happened so as not to panic the man. She had her hair braided in a single braid down her back with little sunflowers pinned in and wore a plain gray cotton dress and her black shawl. Charlie had shook his head at her fuzzy socks and K-9 slippers when he walked in the door. lady on top and geek on the bottom. He never understood her wide variety of fandoms. From Disney to Anime to Tv Shows like Doctor Who and Supernatural. She was a woman of many tastes. As Charlotte poured Charlie another cup of coffee and set his plate in front of him she saw the worn look in his eyes.

"Are you okay, Uncle Charlie?" Charlotte asked and sat beside him at the table, reachinga hand out for him to take which he did without a second thought, running his thumb over her knuckles. 

"I'm okay, hun. Just this damn case. All those kids. The Seattle department is overrun and needs as much help as possible." Charlie sighed and took a bite of his eggs, moaning at the way they eggs melted like butter on his tongue.

"All those poor kids ... Any news on Rylie?" Charlotte frowned, teeth nibbling on her lip as she spoke.

"No... Not yet. You went to school together right?" Charlie spoke with a mouth full of food, Charlotte crinkled her nose in disgust at seeing the eggs in his mouth.

"He was a friend of a friend. Small town. He was an underclassmen but he seemed like a good guy. His poor family." Charlotte mumbled and leaned her head on Charlie's shoulder.

"I won't stop looking, Lotti. I promise." Charlie kissed her forehead and closed his eyes, "Stay out of the city, okay? It's not safe."

"I will. How's your breakfast?" Charlotte changed the subject and smiled warmly.

"Really damn good. You make the finest poached eggs. What's this sauce again?" Charlie chuckled stuffing an egg in his mouth and laughing when Charlotte glared at him.

"It's called Hollandaise. Egg, butter and lemon. Now wipe your chin, you pig. You're getting sauce everywhere." Charlotte huffed and handed him a napkin.

"Yes, Mother." Charlie rolled his eyes and wiped his face, "You're just like your mama." Charlie's eyes turned sad as he remembered his late sister. 

From the side Charlotte was the spitting image of his dear departed sister, the only difference being her father's blue eyes. While Anna had passed quite early on in Charlotte's life, it was little to no shock the two were so alike. They same laugh, the same crinkle of their brow when he did something stupid, even the way they folded laundry were the same. It brought him both a sense of comfort and sadness. 

"I know, Uncle Charlie. I know." Charlotte smiled sadly and fiddled with the locket around her neck.

"Enough sad talk. Ms. Carlos saw me in the drive and wants you to stop by. Says you haven't visited in a few days." Charlie stood ruffling her hair and moving to put his dish in the sink before deciding to just wash it himself to save himself the trouble of an angry Charlotte later.