Chapter 19

~Matt's P.O.V~

I woke up in bed alone to a knock on the door; it was 12pm so Arya must have got up by now.

I decided to drag myself up from bed and throw a shirt on, I guess I must have taken it off in my sleep. I waddled over to the door and opened it to Kylie, looking quite concerned.

"Kyles what's up?" I said, rubbing her back and letting her in.

"I need to tell you something..." She said, looking down.

"What is it?" I asked, sitting down on the bed, followed by her.

She rolled up her left sleeve, revealing two fresh cuts on her wrist.

"Kylie, oh my god..." I whispered.
"Why would you do this? Who made you do this? Why didn't you just come to me and take it out on me? When did you do this?" I asked, a billion questions running through my head.

"I'm sorry..." Was all she said.

"Kylie it's not your fault, just tell me why you did it. Please." I begged.

"When you told me about what happened with Carter and Dakota, I just felt so worthless. I felt disposable; like I don't matter to anyone. I get all of the hate from dating Carter as well, and I just couldn't cope with anything anymore. I tried to stop myself but I felt like I deserved it. It stopped the pain from my situation with Carter. If I hurt myself physically, I will be distracted from the emotional pain. I didn't know what else to do; I didn't want to. I had to. I'm so sorry." She whispered, sniffling and crying, playing with the fingers that lay on her lap.

"It was my fault..." I said quietly, looking her in the eye, tears beginning to form along my water line.

"Matt, baby, no it's not! How could it have been? You don't influence anything bad inside of me, you only make the good in me come through. Look, you know I love you as a brother, and if you made me feel bad then I wouldn't feel that way about you. Just trust me that it wasn't your fault, okay, please?" Kylie begged.

I couldn't just accept that is wasn't my fault that she physically and purposely injured herself, when it was me who told her. But if it would make her happy, what choice do I have?

"Okay." I sighed.

"Do you want to do anything? Arya's not here and I don't want to sit around all day until she gets back." I suggested, hoping I could take her mind off our previous conversation.

"Are you sure Arya won't mind? I mean, I don't want her to think there's anything going on between us; I don't want to fuck up my friendship with either of you, or your relationship with her more importantly." She checked, but I nodded in clarification.

"Taco Bell?"

"Sure."

(A/N) 

omg throwback to this book lmao i just found this half draft from 2 years ago omg people still read this?? dammnn