Chapter 16

~Arya's P.O.V~

I'm so worried about Carter.

And Kylie.

And Matt.

It's been like twenty minutes since they left, which can't be good news.

If everything was fine they would have ran somewhere, found Carter, and come back.

If only it was that simple.

Something must have happened, or they wouldn't be taking this long.

And only one thing could have happened.

Carter must have-

I was broken out of my thoughts by Carter opening the door.

"Oh my god Carter!" I screamed, running up to him and throwing my arms around his shoulders.

"Arya." He whispered, wrapping his arms around me.

I felt tears in my eyes, so I tried to fight them back but failed miserably.

I let out a sob of happiness into Carter's shoulder.

He pulled away with his hands still on my shoulders and stroked the cut on my head with his thumb.

"I'm so sorry Arya..." Carter trailed off, letting go of me and looking at the floor with tears in his eyes.

I looked at Matt and Kylie stood behind him and they both had tears in their eyes.

"I-I should probably g-go." Carter stuttered, turning around and speed walking out of the room.

I heard him sob as he walked down the corridor.

My heart sunk at the thought of how he could think this was his fault.

As I set off to get Carter I felt a hand grab my wrist.

I turned around to see it was Matt.

"Matt I need to talk to him." I said, trying to get away from his grip.

"He just needs space." Matt replied, looking at me with sad eyes.

"I have to talk to him!" I said loudly.

"Arya leave him!" Matt said through gritted teeth, making it obvious he didn't want me to know what happened to 'keep me safe'.

"Fuck it Matt I'm going! You don't control me!" I shouted, whipping my hand away and walking down the corridor.

I heard Matt mutter something under his breath but I didn't care to listen.

I have no idea what Carter tried to do, if he even tried or how.

And I'm not sure I want to talk to him.

Not because he hit me, but because I respect his space.

I carried on down the corridor.

I don't know what got into me just then, I never usually yell at Matt like that.

I decided not to talk to Carter, but to keep walking aimlessly around the streets.

I turned the corner and walked down the stairs.

I passed through the lobby and went out onto the streets.

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket so I got it out and checked my messages.

When I saw they were from Matt I put my phone straight back into my pocket, knowing what they would all say;