Chapter Seventeen

It was silent for almost an uncomfortable amount of time before John chuckled and nodded, "You really think so?" You nod and shrug, kind of embarrassed at how you brought up the conversation. Wow, were you really this stupid? Thinking that he was serious. This was a joke and a mistake but how are you supposed to take something like that back? It's silent again as you think of what to say, you look him in the eyes and shrugged again, "I dunno… do you?" John chuckles and nods, "Yeah, I think we should." Your eyes widen as the words rumble in your head. You nod slowly and smile, "I think we should too." You smile slightly and nod, happy with what seems to be blooming.

The rest of the lazy river ride thing was spent with you two just comfortably talking and laughing, once you had went around the ride in one big circle you flop around in the water in an attempt to get out of the tube. John flopping out behind you, eventually getting out of the water while laughing. You start to go towards your sitting spot and sigh, "What now? We've went on everything." John shrugs, "The day is almost over, maybe we should get the others and leave to get food?" You nod and look around for your friends, quickly walking over to collect them separately. John followed your lead and eventually you found everyone and gathered at the designated spot. You smile and explain how the day is almost over and done with and how you want to go eat, they all agree. You pack everything up and head out, finding a place to eat as soon as you entered the vehicle. You run off a list of names until everyone agrees on one place, once Cameron parks in the lot of the place every starts to change into something less water park appropriate and more restaurant appropriate.

You all enter the food place and get seated at a table big enough for the amount of tomfoolery that would undoubtedly ensue. You sit next to John and Jess, Jess and Eric are still flirting nonstop and it's becoming a wee bit cuter now. Jokes were being spewed from across the table as well as water because of Eric and Jaren, it was funny but it had to be stopped before you all got kicked out or something. As the laughing died down the waitress came by and asked if we were ready to order, everyone nodded and started listing off their orders. The joking started up again when she left, you were focused on your conversation with Jess when all of a sudden you feel and hand on your thigh. You shift slightly and clear your throat but continue to talk with Jess. As the ignoring continued John started to squeeze your thigh, rub his thumb on the skin, and even move his hand up a bit. You eventually had the opportunity to smack his hand away as Jess turned to Eric, John looks at you with a smirk and you glared. "Stop that!" John chuckles and quirks an eyebrow, "Stop what?" You glare again but then turn back to Jess only to see that she was still flirting with Eric. You talk to John while waiting for your food, when it arrives everyone goes kinda silent and eats peacefully. Everything is calm and you can truly enjoy the people you're surrounded by. This trip has been pretty great so far and it wasn't even over yet, hopefully it continued to be great.

As the meal came to a close everyone continued to talk for an hour, just chilling. We paid the bill and left a pretty generous tip, going back to the RV and all the way to the RV park. You got changed into your pajamas on the way there, shorts and an old, holey tee shirt. You sit down next to John and his hand lands itself on your thigh again, you rolled your eyes and sighed. Once the RV is parked and set up everyone decides it's time for sleep, everyone goes to their beds and sleeping peacefully. When you laid down with John his body was immediately wrapped around your's, you smiled and cuddled into him deeper. "You're so comfy." A yawn escapes your lips and you rub your eyes, a chuckle left his mouth.

"So are you." And you feel a small peck placed on your neck before drifting off into sleep with a smile upon your lips.