Chapter Twenty

Everyone made the mistake of letting you and Jess have control over the music, of course you played 2012 bops. You also started drinking quite a bit with Jess while sitting in the cold sand, letting the gentle waves hit your feet. The guys were all swimming and dunking each other, Jess chuckled when Eric came back up from under the water and started cursing immediately. "So have you talked about that little bit of romance or just straight up fucking with him yet?" she sighs, "No one talks about plans to fuck them, for one." You chuckle, the alcohol was probably getting to you, "Secondly, no, we just flirt a lot." You nod slowly, "Maybe tonight is your night." Jess smiles and lightly punches your arm. "You know this feels like an oddly familiar moment," Jess smirks and you groan, "you remember that night, right? I'd be surprised if you didn't, you drank a lot." You roll your eyes, "That's not happening this time, I'm not going to drink like high school me." She laughs loudly, "That was your first party ever, so maybe you can handle the booze better." You smile, "I definitely can but I'm also not as desperate anymore." 

When you and Jess were teenagers you snuck out to a party, Jess was already into the whole party thing but you? You had a boyfriend, but the week before the party he not only cheated on you but also broke up with you. You were tired of wallowing in your own pity and filth and went to a party with Jess finally, it was a nightmare. After drinking you, Jess, and these two random dudes walked, well stumbled, onto the nearby beach. You ended up stripping down and skinny dipping with Jess and the two strangers, you also ended up having your first hookup that night. Oh and you felt like absolute garbage the next morning, Jess had to teach you how to deal with a hangover the whole day. You didn't go to another party until a year after and got just as fucked up, but at least it was fun.

You chuckle at the thought, "Yeah I'm not going to swim naked, that's not a thing that I will do ever again." Jess chuckles, "C'mon it wasn't that bad! You had so much fun!" You roll your eyes and laugh. You and Jess drink a few more drinks before heading into the water, and by drinking you mean you downed like three drinks in a few minutes. You both just talk about high school and how fun it'll be living together when you suddenly feel arms wrap around your waist, you smile and look up to see John. You look back to Jess to see that she's turned her back on you so she can talk to Eric, how rude, but you turn around too. John looks down at you, smiling, "You having fun?" You nod slowly, "But I'm sure you'll make this more fun." You both chuckle and he leans down, placing a gentle kiss against your lips. You smile as his lips continue to brush against yours, you may or may not have been slightly turned on by it but nothing major. Just excited to kiss such a lovely guy. He pecks your lips again and moves his lips to your ear, "I heard you and Jess talking earlier," you're confused, what a way to kill the mood by bringing up your friend. "So, you've gone skinny dipping before?" Your eyes widen, "You said you didn't want to do it again but are you sure?" You swallow the lump that formed in your throat, why would he ask such an inappropriate question when everyone is swimming around you? Why would he want to do something like that?

"Yeah, I'm sure." You squeak out the words quickly but you hear him chuckle, "Not even if it was just us?" Your whole face had to of been red by now, all you can do is shake your head ever so slightly. John chuckles, "Guess we'll have to wait and find out." With that he swims away and gets a drink, you swim over to Jess and explain what just happened and what you should do. "That's weird because Eric said the same thing to me." You think for a second, "They talked about it when one of them heard." Jess nods but then shrugs, "I told him I'd think about it, I'm probably going to do it." You look at her in disbelief, "There are so many people here you'd get caught." Jess rolls her eyes, "You act like I'm shy." You chuckle and roll your eyes, "Well, I'm not doing it." 

John walks over with two drinks in his hands, he had a huge smile on his face. "Here you go." You take the drink from his hand and start taking small sips, John wraps his arm around your waist. You chuckle and look up at him, "No matter how many drinks you hand me, I'm still not doing it." All John does is smirk down at you. 

All you knew was that you weren't ever skinny dipping again or at least that's what you thought.