42

After three days of being with Eric again...it was time for him to go back to university.

"Ariel what the hell? You never used to take this long in the bathroom!" Eric yelled through my-correction, our bathroom door. "Umm first of all...yes I did, you just have a guy sharing your bathroom now so it's a bit different. And second. Give me two more minutes to finish straightening my hair and it's all yours!" I yelled back, rolling my eyes. I heard him groan and I smirked, taking my time with the last section.

Once I was done, I opened the door and walked into my brothers room. "It's all yours your majesty." I said sarcastically before walking to my room.

I changed out of my pajamas into a pair of light blue skinny jeans and a black long sleeved shirt, with a beige scarf before grabbing my phone, my boots and my jacket. "Bye guys!" I called before grabbing my moms keys and heading out to Carson's house.
Since he was coming home today, his mom called me and told me to come over as a surprise for him. She also told me that Carson planned on coming to my house first, but they told him no to surprise him. When I got to the house texted Catherine. Our plan was for me to park in the garage so he didn't know I was there. She opened the garage and I parked it before getting out and taking the garage entrance.

"Ari!!" She cheered, dragging me into the house. "He just called saying he would be here in five minutes so this is perfect." She smiled.

I greeted Carson's parents before they left to quickly re-park the cars in the driveway. Not two minutes after they returned, we heard a car pull into the driveway.

Catherine and I went to the door and I hid behind it while she opened it. "Carson! Oh I missed you so much!" She exclaimed. "I missed you too Katy." I heard him smile. "So, uhh do you think Mom and Dad will let me go to Ari and Eric's house after I say hi to them? I really need to see her, and hug her and...I need to have her in my arms again." He admitted to his sister.

She looked at me and nodded with a huge grin on her face. I came out of my hiding place and the moment Carson laid eyes on me his smile grew wider and he pulled me into a huge hug. "I missed you so much Princess." He mumbled into my hair before kissing the top of my head. "I missed you too Car." I said into his chest, beginning to tear up.

"Ariel! Let me see my son!" Mira jokingly scolded me. I giggled and pulled away from my boyfriend. Just before I completely pulled away, Carson pulled me back for a short but sweet kiss. I smiled and went to stand with Catherine while Carson greeted his parents.

Shortly after, we all made our way to the living room where Mira had set out homemade shortbread cookies to hear Carson talk about school.
"...but ya other than him, all my professors are great." Carson said as he finished telling us about his professors.

"So this has been fun...but I was wondering if I could steal my girlfriend for the rest of the day?" Carson asked his family with pleading eyes.

His mother smiled and then nodded. "Okay but I want you back for dinner." She added. Carson smiled and grabbed my hand, taking me to the door.

Once we were in his car he grabbed my hand and held it on my knee while he drove. "So what do you want to do?" I asked him. "I was thinking we could go skating." He offered. I smiled. "Sounds great."

**********
"I can not believe you pushed me over!" Carson gasped while he got up from the ice. "How could you accuse me of such a thing?" I defended, knowing I actually did. He laughed and took my hand. "And to think...I thought you loved me." He joked. "I did too." I laughed before kissing his cheek. "So after this you up for hot chocolate?" He asked me. "When am I not?"

"Okay then! Hot chocolate and then we can go back to my house for dinner." He said. "Sounds great Car, but I think your mom wants a family dinner. Without me." I pointed out. "I guess you're right Ari. I just missed you so much." He told me. "I know. Let's just go get hot chocolate I'm getting tired." I suggested. He nodded and we skated to the exit of the rink.
Once we had handed in our skates, we walked hand in hand to a cute cafe near the arena and ordered some hot chocolate.

"So for Christmas, you're still coming to Daniel and Evelyn's house on Christmas Eve right?" I asked Carson when he sat down with the drinks and chocolate chip cookies. "Ya for sure. And you're gonna be at my Nana's still?" He clarified. "Definitely." I smiled.

"So when do you have to go back after Christmas?" I asked, dreading the answer. "January 5 is my first class back so I'll probably leave on the 3rd." He told me.

I shut my eyes to ensure that I didn't tear up again. "Okay." I choked out. "Ari. Look honey I know it's hard for you. But what can I do? Drop out of university?" He asked, trying to comfort me. "No I know I'm just being stupid." I said, drying my eyes. "For knowing you will miss me? No. Of course not." He said, chuckling. "I love you Carson." I told my boyfriend, looking up at his face. "I love you too Princess. More than anything." He assured.

"Its almost 6:00. We should probably head back to your house so I can get my car." I pointed out while I returned my phone to my pocket. Carson nodded and got up with me and we walked in silence to his car.