18

Carson POV

I didn't know what to think. I was angry that Monique had the nerve to threaten Ari. I was hurt that Ariel never never came to me about this. And overall, I was confused.

Monique just stood there staring at me, looking almost afraid.

"Apologize to my girlfriend. Now. And I don't ever want to see you talking to her again." I said, taking all I had in me not to beat her.

"I'm sorry Ariel. I'm sorry that you think you actually have a chance with Carson." She smirked before running off.

Eric tried to chase her but Ariel pulled him back and said it wasn't worth it so he reluctantly stayed back.

I pulled Ari into another hug when something hit me. "So which one of you is going to explain what just happened?" I asked.

Eric and Ariel looked at each other and suggested we talk at their house so we got in the car and headed over.

When we got inside, we went up to Ari's room and sat on the bed.

They explained to me everything that had happened while I dated Monique and all the threats and bullying that she has done towards Ari.

"So then Evelyn had an idea." Ariel said. "The original plan was for Ari to call me whenever Monique was there and then I would take you to her locker and you would see what she was doing and everything would be okay." Eric started. "But when she told me to meet her here I texted Eric and told him to take you straight after school and you saw everything." My beautiful girlfriend finished.

"Well. As long as you're okay!" I said, semi-happily.

"What's wrong, Car?" Ariel asked me.

Ugh she knows me too well. "Nothing I just..." I trailed off, glancing at Eric from the corner or my eye.

"Eric?" She asked her brother in that sweet, angelic voice. "Could you-" "I have to run to my room. I'll leave you guys." Eric said, getting the hint.

"Carson? I know you're upset about something. What is it?" She asked me.

"It's nothing. Actually. It's not nothing." I said, getting a little angry as I thought about everything again. "I'm your boyfriend and you didn't come to me when you needed someone! I've been here for you for the past 12 years Ariel and now that in your boyfriend I need to know that you trust me!" I yelled raising my voice as I ranted.

"Carson! If it makes you feel any better I didn't even tell Clarissa! I wouldn't have told Eric if Evelyn hadn't thought of this plan!" She yelled back, getting defensive and I swear I heard her voice crack.

"Ari I need to know that you trust me!" I yelled again, but a bit quieter.

"I can't believe you're getting mad at me for this! Your crazy ex, that you didn't even like, is threatening me because I'm dating you and she told me if I told you if would be worse for me! I was scared of what she would do!" She yelled back, the tears starting to fall.

Crap. I had forgotten about that. Monique told Ariel she would hurt both of us and Eric in some way. And Ari would never do anything to risk someone else.

"Ari I'm sorry I didn't-" "Save it! You had absolutely no right to yell at me and get mad at me about this! What did I do wrong? Oh, that's right! I agreed to date you!" She yelled with hatred dripping from every word.

"Ari!" I pleaded, trying to get her to listen. "Get out." She mumbled softly, holding the door open for me.

I wasn't in the mood to argue any further and I knew she wasn't either so I made my way down the stairs. When I was half way down I heard footsteps running after me. "I heard yelling and crying, Car. What did you do to my sister?" He asked. I couldn't tell if he was upset that his sister was upset or mad at me but I was rooting for the first one.

I went to the living room with Eric and explained everything. He told me that my relationship with his sister wasn't his place and that I should leave and figure things out.

As much as I care about Ariel, I really don't want to mess up my friendship with Eric, no matter what happens.