Catch Me If You Can...Alpha 27 (Pic Of Mel!)

Jackson’s P.O.V

I knew something was wrong when I opened the door and saw Charlie standing there. Her eyes were red rimmed from crying, and carried a haunted look. Her face was sunken, and she seemed to shrink in on herself.

“What’s the matter?” I asked, pulling her into my chest. She buried her face in my neck, her breath warm and heady. “I need you to do something for me.” She whispered. “Anything.” I promised and I meant it. “I want you to change me, so I can help Matt kill the guys who changed him.” She said without any trace of fear in her voice.

I rocked back to look at her, recoiling at the thought of the pain it would cause her. “Wha-What?” I stuttered, for lack of anything better to say. “You heard me.” She said sternly, her eyes wide and earnest.

“You want me to change you into one of us?” I asked, making sure I was fully understanding the situation. She rolled her eyes and nodded. Her gaze then wandered down the hall and I turned to see Mel sauntering over, her hair mused and her eyeliner smeared. “Charlie, you don’t want this. You have no idea what it’s like.” Melanie said, her eyes going dark.

I could feel the pain this was causing Luke, even if he was upstairs. “Melanie I have to! You don’t know what its like to find out your best friend is a werewolf, and not by choice! I’ve known Matty my whole life. I can’t just let him do this by himself. It’s killing him you guys!” She said, her eyes brimming over with tears. She scrubbed at them with the back of her hand, furious for showing weakness.

“I understand Charlie, and we will help him. But I’m not changing you. It’s too risky.” I said firmly. I saw a spark of anger. “You don’t think I know how dangerous this is? Well I do! I want to help Jackson! I’m not some fucking damsel in distress you have to rescue all the time! I can take care of myself!” She said, her voice rising. I felt Mel flinch beside me but stood my ground.

Charlie stared at me for a long moment. “Fine.” She huffed. She turned on her heel and stalked out of the house, slamming the door loudly behind her. I winced at the ache in my chest, rubbing at it. “It’s okay Jack. She’s just scared.” Melanie soothed. “She loves him.” I whispered hoarsely, a little stunned by my own revelation. “Of course she does. He’s her rock. But what you and Charlie have, its magic.” Melanie said, her voice tinged with jealousy. I felt a pang of regret.

Made werewolves, unlike ones who were born this way, did not have a soul mate. It has always been a touchy subject for Mel, even more so now that I have found my mate. “Don’t worry Mel, you’ll find your guy.” I said bracingly, throwing an arm around her shoulder. “I think I already have.” She whispered cheekily, her cheeks glowing bright crimson.

I needed to find Charlie and explain, I wanted her to know how much she means to me.

Skyler’s P.O.V.

Everybody thinks I’m clueless, but I’m actually far from it. I know that Matt is in love with Charlie. I’ve known that since we were kids. Ever since Charlie turned twelve, I’ve had to fight off more guys then I could count. Matt was in love with her way before that, and I was a little creeped out when we were kids.

I know that Jackson, and the freaky little blonde chick, and all the others that have suddenly appeared are not normal. I don’t know what they are exactly, but they’re not normal. The way Jack acts with Charlotte, like she’s the only thing in the world that matters more than life itself, has me squirming in my seat.

It’s similar to the way dad used to act when mom was alive. He was more easygoing, and quick to smile. Charlie was heartbroken when he left, and I can see why. When we were younger, Charlie would always get what she wanted by batting those big dark eyes at him. It would honestly melt a heart of stone.