Catch Me If You Can...Alpha 15

CHARLIE'S P.O.V

The water sloshed as Jack jumped in after me. I waited for him to surface and when he didn't I peered around, thinking I had missed him. An abrupt tug on my ankle told me that I hadn't.

"You are so stupid." I gasped breathlessly as I surfaced coughing up the water in my lungs. He smirked and brushed his wet hair out of his eyes. "Don't you mean sexy?" He asked climbing out of the pool. I let my eyes roam his body, taking in the droplets of water glistening on his shoulders and down his six pack where they disappeared into his shorts. His hair had also caught droplets of water that dripped onto his face. Yes he was definitely sexy, but I wasn't going to admit that to him

I let out a very crude snort, as I followed him out of the pool. "Very lady like." He commented. I sniffed daintily and held my hand up in a prissy manner. Jack grinned and rolled his eyes. He suddenly looked like he was concentrating very hard and his head jerked to the north end of the pool where I could hear little giggles coming from behind the fence. "I know your there. Come out come out." Jack sang.

The little girl that Jack had held when we first came skipped around the fence, the tan boy with sandy hair behind her.

"Were gunna go 'splore." The little girl informed us, her baby lisp tripping over the word explore. The boy nodded and when I sat down on the pool chair, the little girl climbed into my lap. She looked like this was a natural thing, and honestly it didn't bother me.

You have a lot of cousins." I told Jack, who grinned sheepishly. "Yeah. My aunt and uncle want a whole pack of their own." He said. I mulled that over as I pulled my fingers through the little girls soft curls. I thought her name was Maddie.

"Mad let's go. I want to find big foot!" Zander complained. Maddie squirmed out of my arms and picked up a little backpack that looked like it was meant for travel. I smiled indulgently at the children as the skipped out of the fence and followed the dusty path that led into the woods.

"Big foot?" I asked incredulously turning to Jack with my eyebrows raised. "So I guess we get a little carried away with bedtime stories." He admitted. I nodded and we both laughed. I realized in that moment that he was the person I was always going to want to be with. He made me laugh, and I was so comfortable around him. When he kissed me, it was like some addictive chemical shot straight into my nerves. And his smile made me want to melt.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked taking my hand into his own. "About how hot it is outside." I said. "I can take care of that." He said, a mischievous smirk on his face. I regarded him wearily. He grabbed for me, his movement fast and unexpected. He brought me to the edge of the pool, kicking and screaming.

I was upside down so his ass was right in front of me. "Are you staring at my ass?" He questioned, as if he could guess what I was thinking. "Kind of hard not to because it's so BIG!" I yelled smacking him. He jumped slightly and the movement tipped us both over into the pool. I held my breath and kicked away from him, swimming to the surface. He came up next to me, already laughing.

"Are you cooled off?" He asked innocently. "Yeah. By the ice in your heartless body." I replied dryly. He mocked an offended face. "Oh how you wound me!" He cried, tipping his face to the sky to let out a mournful howl. It was exactly like the sound he had made, in the woods on the first night. It struck a chord, deep inside me.

He looked down and noticed the change in my expression. "You...You sound just like that when you're a wolf." I told him, hesitantly. "Yeah. I bet you heard the howls the night I was on your porch." He guessed and I nodded. I wouldn't tell him how the lonely sound of the howls made my heart ache. I wanted to join them.

"Aunt Lynn's home. And there's a human with her." He said, his voice puzzled. I got out of the pool and pulled on my shorts. I followed Jack into the house, regretting the trail of water we left. Jackson didn't seem bothered by it though he just walked into the kitchen where I could hear people talking. "Hey Aunt Lynn." He called entering the kitchen. I heard a women's strangled scream and turned into the doorway to see a lady attack Jack in a hug. She was large, but beautiful at the same time. She had fair hair, and pale skin, except for her cheeks, which were red. She spotted me lurking in the doorway and a smile lit her face. "You must be Charlie." She said, coming forward to embrace me in a crushing hug. "Yeah. And you must be Aunt Lynn." I gasped when she let me breath.

She nodded happily. "Sorry I didn't meet you sooner, I was out shopping with the girls." She said. Every one around her rolled their eyes. "Who's the human I smelled?" Jack asked, once again changing the subject.

"That's Annie's new friend Mike. Sweet boy. A little old though." Lynn answered, starting to put away the groceries. I got up and without asking, started to help her. "How old?" Both Jack and Beck growled at the same time. "Sixteen." Lynn answered and called after them when both men started for the door. "You leave them alone! There not going to do anything. Besides, Gage already threatened them." Lynn informed them, a twinkle of amusement in her eyes.

I could see her point about leaving the teens alone. My brother and his best friend had deprived me of boys for most of my life. And when one guy was brave enough to stand up and date me, they didn't last long. "Your aunt's right Jack. Leave the poor girl alone." I said with an air of sympathy. Jack turned around and studied me for a moment before sinking down into the seat that was resting against the counter. I patted his cheek and he grabbed my hand and kissed my fingers softly.