Catch Me If You Can...Alpha 8

JACKSON'S P.O.V

Charlie lagged behind me as I tugged her through the forest. To a human, the darkness would be pitch black with the moon hidden by a filmy layer of dark clouds. Impatient with her slowness I turned around and yanked her into my arms bridal style. She allowed this, bringing her arms up to wrap around my neck she buried her face into my shoulder. She was easy to carry, her petite form fitting easily in my arms. I listened to her breathing soften and slow, until delicate snores started up. She was...adorable. And I was horribly whipped. I agree. The guys voice chimed in my mind. Shut up. Your just jealous. Melanie defended me. I smiled softly as I broke through the last of the bushes and into the yard. I stepped onto the porch, trying not to jostle my sleeping mate. I brought her up the stairs and into Melanie's room, laying her on the bed. I pulled the blanket up to cover her and leaned down and kissed her forehead softly. The moon had come out again, illuminating Charlie in a muted way. Her dark hair spilled over the white pillow. The soft lines of her perfect face glowed silver. Her perfect shell pink lips were pulled up into a sleepy smile. Her dark lashes made long crescents across her cheeks. I brushed my fingers across her cheeks and then across her mouth before finally turning an leaving the room. I curled up into bed fell asleep instantly. I woke up to the annoying ring of my alarm clock. I groped for the snooze button slamming my fist down on it. The alarm clock whined in protest before falling silent with a wheeze. I sat up and rubbed the sleep from my eyes stretching and popping my joints. I slipped out of bed and into the hallway. The rest of the house was silent. Perfect. I made my way to the bathroom to take a quick shower and get ready for my second day of school. I threw on my shorts and towel dried my tousled hair. I padded into the hallway and down the stairs. I was hungry as usual. I smelled an aroma so great it had my mouthwatering. I followed my nose to the kitchen where Charlie was making breakfast. She was wearing an overly large tee shirt and loose fitting cotton short shorts. "Morning Jack." She greeted me with a smile that was all dimples. "Morning." I said yawning. Charlie laughed and started to search the cupboards. She pulled out a couple of plates and set them on the table, digging some more until she found silverware. She set the table neatly then laid out an array of breakfast foods that had my stomach snarling. Bacon, eggs, sausage, pancakes, toast with apple jelly, orange juice and coffee, and my personal favorite, apple juice. "You are amazing." I said in a strained voice. Charlie smiled shyly and I couldn't resist anymore. I kissed her upturned lips softly once and then again. She melted against me and I held her there. I removed my lips from hers to kiss her forehead and her nose before claiming her lips again. "Oh gross." Chance said stumbling into the room with only his boxers on. His white blonde hair stood up like downy fluff. "You can't even see anything." Charlie accused. "That doesn't mean I can't hear anything." Chance said grimacing. His nostrils flared suddenly and he groaned. "What in the world is that amazing smell." He moaned following his nose to the table. "I made breakfast." Charlie sang, dancing away from me to fill Chance's plate. "You are my favorite person in the world." Chance said his mouth full of food. Soon my pack started to stir, awake to eat a breakfast that did not involve cold cereal and milk. I ate until my stomach was full to bursting. "That was the greatest breakfast ever." Melanie sighed getting up and skipping upstairs to get ready for school. "Come on Charlie. I'm dressing you for school today." Melanie called from upstairs. Charlie blanched and shot us a panicked look. "Time to take one for the team." Ryder told her patting her shoulder in sympathy. "So stupid. I can dress myself perfectly fine. I'm almost eighteen years old." She grumbled as she stomped up the stairs and into Melanie's room. I laughed and started to clean up from breakfast. "Help clean the rest of this up. All of you." I called from where I was washing my plate at the sink. I heard groans and mumbles of protest from the guys as they slowly followed my orders. Man it's good to be Alpha. Yeah live it up. We're your little slaves aren't we? Ben thought teasingly. I grinned at him from where I was lounging on the couch in the living room. He smiled back slightly and turned to see something that was out of my view. His mouth dropped open and he quickly closed it turning back to the sink with an abrupt rigidness. Hot damn. Ryder thought. His mental picture was of Charlie. I stood up and hurried back into the kitchen so I could see for myself the mental image that Ryder was projecting loudly. Charlie was dressed in a deliciously short ruffled black skirt. She wore a purple tube top that hugged her curvy frame in every possible way. Her hair was pulled up into a side pony tail with her side bangs brushing her face on the other side. She was all legs and curves and it made my mouth water more then breakfast had. "Boys stop drooling. It's time for school." Melanie said shoving Charlie out the door. I followed her out numbly throwing on my shoes along the way. I jumped eagerly onto the bike and patted the seat behind me. "Come on." I encouraged. "My skirt is a little too short for the bike." Charlie said biting her lip. The animal side of me growled hungrily. "Don't worry you'll be fine." I said. Charlie shrugged and sank into the seat in back of me. Her bare legs were pressed against me and I shivered from the minimum contact. Today was starting out great.