Catch Me If You Can...Alpha 25

CHARLIE'S P.O.V

I was startled awake by my alarm clock, which I chucked across the room, quieting the loud alarm. I snuggled back into my quilt and stuffed a pillow over my face, drifting back off to sleep.

"Charlie!" Someone called, sometime later. I sat up rubbing my bleary eyes. Sky was standing in the doorway, his arms crossed over his chest. "Your going to miss school if you don't hurry up." He said picking up my alarm clock, which chimed mournfully before going silent. "I don't want to go. I only have a week left anyway!" I whined. "You have to go. And I'm sure if you ask nice Matt will drive you. Or dad." He added as in after thought. "Psh. Dad cant afford a car, he spends all your money on booze and hookers." I grumbled as I stood and stretched.

"He hasn't drank once while here, and as for hookers don't you think I would notice?" Sky questioned wearily. "What about hookers?" A cheerful voice asked behind Skylar. Matt entered the room grinning brightly. "Someone just called your phone Sunny." He said, holding it up for me to see. "Who was it?" I asked. "Some guy named Chance. He said something about coming to get you." He said, scrunching up his face to think. "He cant drive he's blind!" I said, horrified as I snatched my phone out of his hands and hit redial. "Hi Charlie!" Chance said quietly.

"You cant drive! You cant even see!" I said, not bothering with a greeting. "I wasn't talking about me, I was talking about Ryder. Jack went to check out something for our borders." He scoffed. "Is he going to be at school today?" I asked, sinking onto my bed and waving away the boys with my hand. Sky obliged but Matt stayed, sitting in my computer chair and spinning it around. "Don't think so. And he took Melanie and Luke with him too." He said. I watched Matt as he spun faster and faster until a loud crunching noise rent the air. Matt collapsed onto the ground, clutching his head and moaning.

I busted into laughter, ignoring his glare. "Okay. I'll see you guys soon." I giggled, and hung up the phone. I rummaged into my drawers and pulled out some black shorts. I matched it with my Hooters shirt, much to the amusement of Matt. "Your brother is going to kill you." He warned me as I skipped into the bathroom to shower. When I was done I wrapped a towel around myself and started to brush my teeth.

"Charlie hurry up I gotta piss!" Matt's voice sounded extremely panicked. "I'm brushing my teeth." I slurred around the toothbrush in my mouth. The door crashed open and I shrieked, clutching my towel tightly to myself and spitting out my toothbrush. "This is an emergency." He grumbled. I turned away quickly as I saw him reach for his pajama pants. Once he was finished I found it safe to turn around again.

"You have great legs." He commented idly his eyes traveling. "Get out, you sick pig!" I hollered surging forward and pushing him. I made sure to keep a firm hand on my towel. "Skylar, Charlie's running around naked again!" Matt crowed, snatching at my towel teasingly. "You wouldn't dare." I growled, fixing him with a glare. "I've done it before." Matt said, shrugging. "Matthew get away from my daughter." A weary voice said from the doorway. I turned to see my father with extremely bad bed head and no glasses.

Matthew complied reluctantly, pausing to stick his tongue out at me behind my fathers back. "Thanks." I told my father grudgingly, and his face brightened. "Have fun at school. I'll be back tonight." He said. "Where are you going?" I asked, my curiousity flaring. "I..I'm going to look for a job." He admitted sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck absently.

"Oh." I said, deflating, that means he would be staying longer. I didn't know how I felt about that. He shuffled down the hall. It was quite cold this morning so I got dressed into cream colored sweater, dark washed jeans and boots instead of my shorts I was planning on wearing.

I slung my backpack over my shoulder and went to look for Matt. I found him watching the news with rapture, trying to eat cereal at the same time. "Matt...Matty? Hey Matt!" I yelled and he jumped, sloping milk all down the front of him. "What?" He asked, his expression annoyed as he mopped up his spill with a towel.