Catch Me If You Can...Alpha 12

Okay. So I never thought I would get this far with this story. It's become like an obsession for me. When I'm not writing these chapters on here I'm writing and editing them in my head or in the six notebooks I have now completed. Comments would be greatly appriciated and thank you all soo much for your support. And thank you to all my amazing fans, who have stuck with me and helped me improve my stories. Well I'll stop babbling now because I know I tend to do that alot. xD Peaceeee.

JACKSON'S P.O.V

The line disconnected and I let out a long gusty sigh. It made me uneasy that Charlie was out with the werewolf. By his scent and disrespect for our clearly marked territory he must be new. An older more experienced wolf would have asked permission to cross into our territory but this kid had no such respect. I shouldn't call him I kid though, he appeared to be at least three years older then me.

"Dude come for a run." Luke told me, peeking into my room. I rolled off from my bed and ran into the hall sliding down the banister to avoid the traffic on the stairs. Melanie squeaked in surprise and dodged out of the way almost falling down the last of the steps. "Dick!" She called after me and I laughed as I jumped off the porch. The adrenaline in my system had come out of no where and I felt the longing, restless ache in my bones to run, just for the enjoyment of running. I phased quickly and ran along the border line, that crossed over a small river in the middle of the forest. I splashed through it for a while, the small crystal droplets of cool water seeping into my shiny black fur.

Luke came in beside me a clear grimace of distaste on his wolfish face. I flicked my tail up to splash him and he growled, lips pulling back from his huge dagger like teeth. Chill man. I thought nudging him with my shoulder. His face cleared and his ears twitched off to the west.

Here comes Mel. He told me and sure enough she broke through the trees off to the west. She spotted us and gave a wolfy grin. Oh a river. Here I come. She thought. She climbed gracefully up onto a flat rock on the river bed and jumped in making a splash that soaked poor Luke. He grumbled and shook as he tried to clear the water from his fur. Wimp. Mel thought to him and she smacked into him teasingly.

So Jack where are you taking Charlie tomorrow? Melanie asked me and I felt the others in my head tune in to listen. I was usually not the one to be nervous but as soon as I thought of my date tomorrow my stomach flooded with nerves. I was taking Charlie to meet my family. My father had died before I was born leaving my mother to raise me. She was my rock and I hadn't seen her in over three months. She lived with my aunt and uncle and all of my actual cousins and trust me there was no shortage of people out on that farm.

That's perfect Jack. She'll love it. Melanie squealed and she dashed out of the water, probably to go get changed. I felt the adrenaline drain out of my system and suddenly I was very tired. I trotted back home and picked up my clothes that were lying under a random tree in the back yard. I pulled them on and went inside were I could hear Melanie talking on the phone to someone.

You better not tell her anything. I thought to her sternly. I could hear her sigh internally. I wont. Chill Alpha. She thought back and I could feel her annoyance. I decided I was tired and went to bed early.

When I woke up the sun was barely up. I tripped down the stairs, my eyes still bleary from sleep. I made myself some toast and smothered peanut butter on it. Melanie came downstairs a little while later, her cropped hair sticking up in irregular tufts. She yawned and climbed agilely onto the counter to grab a box of cereal from the top cupboard. I rolled my eyes and she hopped from the counter to the table, her bare feet hardly making any noise. Her movement from the counter to the table didn't disturb the dishes laying there, they barely moved.

"Show off." I muttered and she stuck her tongue out at me like a child. I went upstairs to get dressed, I kept it casual with a pair of beige khakis and a light green tee shirt.