Catch Me If You Can...Alpha 19

JACKSON'S P.O.V

I knew something was up when I opened the front door to see Matthew standing there. He was wearing old cut off shorts and he was soaked. I moved aside to let him in and he passed me hesitantly, his eyes roaming around everywhere.

"What do you want?" I asked, quite rudely. "What's your deal with Charlie?" He asked seriously, his face no longer open and laughing like the other times I had seen him.

His question confused me. "Excuse me?" I asked, my voice puzzled. "What are your intentions with Charlotte?" He clarified, running a hand throw his sopping spiky blonde hair. "Why do you care?" I challenged meeting his eyes to show dominance. He didn't seem phased, just smirked at me.

"I care because she's my girl. I grew up with her, and she's been through a hell of a lot more then she's had to. And I'm not letting some stupid punk ass werewolf come in and ruin whatever happiness she's seem to have found." Matt said threateningly, his eyes meeting my challenge.

"Your girl." I scoffed. Charlie was mine. "Yes my girl." He said stepping forward as if to prove his point. I growled, a low sound in my throat, and Ryder came out of no where to get my flank.

"Boys, boys. If there's going to be a fight, there should be a pool full of pudding." Melanie said, dancing into the middle of the dangerous circle. Matt's eyebrows shot up as he looked at Melanie with a puzzled interest.

"Hey Matt!" She squeaked cheerfully. He raised his hand and twitched his fingers in a small wave and then turned back to me. "I'm serious. If your just playing Charlie or using her then don't come near her again. Because you won't have to pick up the pieces when everything falls apart. I will." He said. I came to a realization so fast, I was surprised to have not seen it before.

"You like her." I stated. "Of course I like her. I've basically lived at her house since I was ten." He said impatiently. "No. I mean you like her in more of a brotherly way." I informed him. Melanie screamed in surprise causing me to wince. "I do not!" Matt yelled, above the noise.

"You do!" I shouted back. "Shut up both of you my soap opera's are back on!" Melanie screamed as she shot into the living room. I could hear someone speaking Spanish as Matt gave me the 'what the fuck' look.

"We actually haven't figured out what's wrong with her yet." I told him. He nodded absently. "She's kinda cute. Completely nuts, but cute." He said looking around me. I raised my eyebrow at him. "Not a chance." I said and he frowned. He thinks I'm cute! Melanie yelled loudly in my mind.

"Quit yelling Mel!" I shouted to her. "Stop yelling at me I'm trying to see if Onrico really cares about Carmen!" Melanie shouted back, turning the volume on the television higher. "Chicks." I muttered, shaking my head. "Tell me about it. You didn't have to watch the damn show." Ben said, moving into the hallway. How very sexist pig of you. Melanie thought, turning the volume louder.

"Go back to watching your soap opera's about people who are obviously on the wrong side of the boarder." I shouted over my shoulder. I was biased in my assessment of the show though. I already had to kick the ass of one Mexican today.

"So, who hurt her." Matt asked, once everything went silent again. "What do you mean?" I questioned, wondering how the hell he could have found the bruise on Charlie's stomach. "The bruise on her stomach. It wasn't there before she left." Matt clarified, looking menacingly at me and then my pack. "I uhh...I mean, we were just messing around and she fell." I finished lamely. He didn't believe me, I could tell. I was suddenly questioning why such a young wolf was making me feel insecure. I was one of the most powerful Alpha's in the whole United States, and I was worrying about what one young, inexperianced, pup thought about me.

"If you ever, ever bring her back with another injury like that again, I will personally see to it that you will be running with three legs." Matt rumbled, his voice deep. That is soo hot. Melanie sighed in my mind. I ignored her.

"Are you threatening me, pup?" I growled. "Hell yeah." Matt said, accepting the challenge. I stepped forward and I hand on my shoulder made me stop. I looked back into Luke's calm eyes, every shade of hazel and gold imaginable. Think about it Alpha. How will Charlie react if she hears about you two fighting? He asked in my mind, always the voice of reason.

"I'm not going to fight you, but only because it would upset Charlie." I said, stepping away from the close werewolf. "Whatever. I'm outta here anyway. But I want you to remember what I told you." He said. He ripped the front door open, and disappeared off the porch.

"I think he's hot." Melanie called from the other room, once he was out of hearing range. My eyes flickered to Luke, who was always extremely protective of Mel. He truly didn't mean to bite her, and the act had torn him up inside. Every time he looked at her, he always felt a twinge of regret. His eyes raged with annoyance. Uh oh. But he was gone before I had a chance to talk, storming up the stairs and into his room, slamming his door loudly behind him.

"What was that about?" Melanie asked, skipping back into the room. From the television I heard a commercial about shampoo blaring. "I have no idea." I answered evasively, blocking her from reading my thoughts. Her face scrunched up as she tried to push against the mental wall I had slammed up just in time. She gave up, and moved into the kitchen, making herself a snack.

I thought about the way that Matt had talked about Charlie. He obviously liked her more then he was letting on, but was too god damn stubborn to admit it. I didn't see him as a threat though. Sure I felt a twinge of jealousy, that he was so close to her. They shared a bond that I could never compete with.

"Dewdrop and Butterbean you want some French toast?" Melanie asked, placing butter on a griddle. "No!" Luke shouted from upstairs in a huffy voice that Melanie didn't seem to notice. "I told you to stop calling me that Mel." I groaned moving into the kitchen.

"Well technically it wasn't an order, therefore I'm not at a liability to listen to you." Melanie said. I gawked at her. For such a smart girl, you would think she would act like it all the time. I shook my head at her, and grabbed a pancake straight from the griddle. It burned my fingers slightly, but not enough to make me put it down. I ate the whole thing and reached for another one, and Melanie slapped my hand with a metal spoon.

"Ouch!" I cried, nursing my throbbing hand. She shot me a smug look and dipped more toast into the batter. I shot her a wounded look and retreated to my room. "May the force be with you Skywalker." Melanie called. She is such a strange girl.