The Red String Of Fate (mini sequel)

THE RED STRING OF FATE

Charlie laid on her bed, staring at the ceiling at 3 in the morning. The biggest surprise yet, happened just a few hours ago, when the woman she thought she’d never see again, stood in front of her….

“Charlie…” Elise spoke with longing

Charlie stared at the woman, seemingly speechless at her presence

Elise fondly stared at Charlie and smiled softly, “…you look beautiful”

Charlie sighed heavily as she looked down, “wow…I can’t-..just seeing you again after 7 years…after all-”

“…I know” Elise answered softly, “…I thought about you every single day ever since-”

“Ever since you broke up with me and left the week after? Yeah, that’s a surprise” Charlie said sarcastically, and regretting it afterwards

“…I’m so sorry Charlie…I still am”

“Look, can you just hand me back my mini tab and let’s just be on our way, hm?”

Elise looked at her and unwillingly returned the mini tab to Charlie. Seeing Charlie again after all these years, made Elise realized that she’s still madly in love with her and that she’ll do anything to get Charlie back but the way Charlie responded to her, made her feel discouraged to go after her

“Thank you” Charlie said “Take care” then she forcefully turned her back to Elise and walked away. Charlie knew better than to stick around and get hurt again. Yes, she’s still in love with Elise, and yes, seeing her again brought extreme happiness but along with that happiness comes the pain that almost made her lose herself. She got out of that miserable hole and promised to never fall in there again.

Elise stood silently as she watched the woman she loves walk away from her again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Elise sat at the balcony, staring blankly and thinking about Charlie. Catherine walked in and noticed her daughter in a blank state

“Elise…Are you alright?” she asked

Elise looked at her mother and said, “I saw her again mom, I saw Charlie again”

Catherine, although surprise, felt the longing that her daughter strongly feels at the moment. Catherine sat by her daughter and held her hand

“I still love her mom” Elise spoke “…I-I want her back…”

“I know how you feel Elise, but you can’t force Charlie to be with you if she doesn’t want to. You two have been apart for years, anything can change. Even Charlie’s feelings”

“I know mom, and because of that, I‘m even more afraid of trying to win her back”

“Give everything some time Elise, if you two are meant to be together then its gonna happen” Catherine squeezed her daughter’s hand, giving her the support she needed at the moment.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

It’s been a week since Charlie and Elise met. Elise had been trying to call Charlie and leaving her text messages, saying that she wants to talk to her but Charlie just ignored all of them. Charlie even avoided going to iCafe. She just doesn’t want to see Elise anymore but at the same time, Elise waited everyday at the café, hoping that Charlie would come in and they could have a chance to talk.