Chapter Twenty-Six

Chapter Twenty-Six

Charlie’s POV

Days went fast and before I knew it, only a month to go before graduation and 2 weeks to go before final exams which means, no more new lessons so the only thing were doing in class are review lessons, recorded review quizzes and recitation and it's seriously stressing me out, add to that, the idea of my girlfriend pregnant, although exciting but also nerve-wracking

“I should get a job” I said as I took a sip my soda

Spencer turned to me with a what-the-hell-are-you-talking-about face, “What the hell are you talking about?” Which she eventually said out loud

“I was thinking, since summer vacation is near anyway, I should start working now so I could earn more, I’m just waiting for the acceptance letter from St. Xavier, I’ve also applied for a soccer scholarship and an honor scholarship, just in case the other scholarship backfires”

“O-kay? If you’re a scholar then what would you do with the money IF you happen to get a job?”

“It’s for the baby” I said simply, “He/she will need stuff you know”

“Yeah but wouldn’t Elise and her mom be all over that?”

“Well, yeah, but Aunt Cath is busy with work and Elise will continue her studies and she doesn’t have a scholarship so Aunt Cath is paying for her college an-”

“So you’re going to provide for Elise’s baby?” Spencer interjected

“”Our” baby and yes, I will help them provide for the baby”

“And we’re talking about a summer job right? Only a summer job”

“No, I was actually thinking of working continuously while I attend college, I know it’ll be a bit difficult but I can do it. I’m good at time management and I’m a multi-tasker”

“You’re crazy and I think you’re going overboard with this baby thing”

“No I’m not, I have everything planned it my head and it’s going to go smoothly”

“And what kind of job would you be getting? You’re only 16 yrs old Charlie, my family owns hotels and restaurants and they won’t even let me be a dishwasher! And I’m 17!”

“I could work at one of the convenient stores here, or computer shops, I saw one hiring when I was on my to school, I could ask for an afternoon shift so I could work after school”

“I still think this is crazy and your mom will not be happy about this”

“Who says she has to know?” I looked at Spencer with a smile

“Oh no, you are not dragging me into this!”

“Please Spencer, all you gotta do is keep this a secret and cover for me if I was out too late. Please?” I spoke “Please? I’ll kneel and beg you if I have to”

Spencer sighed heavily, “Fine, but once this got out of control, I’m telling your mom”

I quickly embraced Spencer, “Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!” I kissed her cheek, “I owe you big time!”

Spencer jokingly wiped her cheek, “yeah, yeah, finish your burger so we can go home”

I smirked and started eating my cheeseburger

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Elise’s POV

“Will it be okay if I get a job?” Charlie asked as she layed on my bed while playing with her iPad