Chapter Twenty-Seven: Crazy For You

"You realize how dumb you are" Rachel said to me after I told her what had happened between Blake and me. And as much as I hated to admit it, I knew she was right. I had told her everything, from the night in my backyard, to cliff diving at the cottage.

We were sitting on the swings at the park down the street from my house. There weren't very many people there, besides a mother and her two small kids, we were the only ones. The park had been the place all the kids use to go to when we were little. It had a small playground, but besides that it had a huge open field, some tennis courts and a soccer field. It was a great place for kids to hang out, but on a Saturday night, there were few people there.

"I should've stayed" I said slowly to her. She nodded in agreement, and wrapped her arms around me. Rachel was like a sister to me. She was the one I went to for everything, knowing she would give me her honest opinion. She was that one person nearly everyone trusted, mainly because she was such an amazing person. She was honest and could keep a secret, the perfect traits that are so hard to find in most people

"I should've stayed" I repeated to her "I took the easy way out."

"You tend to do that a lot" she said smiling. I shot her a look and she shut up, wiping the smirk off her face. Rachel was one of those friends who were painfully honest at all times. No matter what you were going through, she would tell you what she thought, despite the fact you didn't want to hear the truth.

"I felt broken" I continued "and hurt and I just wanted to leave, but now, I don’t know. I miss him and all he wanted was for me to stay and to make things right."

"He was your first love" she said to me "and your first friend. People like that can never be forgotten."

I sighed, agreeing with her. Rachel tucked a piece of her sleek red hair behind her ear. Rachel had amazing hair that complemented her peachy, clear skin and her piercing blue eyes. Whenever you went somewhere, she always stood out from the crowd.

"God I'm stupid" I sighed. Why did I leave? Why didn't I stay at the cottage? Because even if I had stayed, I would’ve been more miserable than I am now. Blake would be avoiding me at all costs, and we would never have gotten back together. It was over between us, no matter where we were.

"Don't be so hard on yourself" Rachel told me, trying to brighten my mood

“It still hurts” I told her. I could feel the tears building up in my eyes, but I held them in. I couldn’t cry in front of Rachel. I was the tougher friend, I never cried in front of her, or any of my friends for that matter.

Rachel wrapped her skinny arms around me “I know Elle, I know.”

"Maybe one day I can tell him how sorry I am for running away" I muttered to myself, looking at my bare legs

“Well,” Rachel said, smiling. "Looks like today’s the day"

I looked up and saw a figure in the distance. When he saw me, he halted. Blake standing there. He was wearing a pair of sunglasses and was smiling at me. I didn't even realize I had stood up. Slowly, we walked over to each other.

"Ellie" he whispered, but before I could say anything, he put his hand under my chin and kissed me. It was powerful and romantic, but above all it was what my body craved since I first kissed him. I could feel how sorry he was and how much he missed me through his kiss. I’m sure he felt the same way about me.

"I'd never thought I'd see the day" he said smirking, after we broke apart from the kiss.

"What do you mean?" I said confused. Was he talking about us?

"You’re actually friends with a girl" he said. I punched his arm playfully and he pulled me in and kissed me again. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he wrapped his around my waist. Everything was perfect. I’d never imagined this would be happening to me. I thought Blake and I were over with and weren’t ever going to fix the mess we caused.

 “I couldn’t let you leave” he whispered when we broke apart. Then, His voice was so faint at first I didn't understand what he was saying.

"I love you"

"I love you too" I whispered softly. It came out so naturally, as if I’d been saying it to him forever. Because I knew I really did love him, ever since I was little "always have, always will"

"Good" he said, pecking my lips. "How about a do-over? Will you give me a second chance?"

“Maybe” I said sarcastically, my smile felt like it covered my entire face. "But only if you give me one too"

"Always" He smiled and pecked my lips again. "Because baby, I'm crazy for you"

He pulled me in for another long kiss. And somehow, I knew Blake and I were going to make it together. After all this time, he had always been the one for me. Since I was nine years old he was there for me, and I was never ever going to let him slip away.

“I’m crazy for you too” I whispered, before my lips crashed back onto his. 

 Final Chapter COMPLETE! Thanks to everyone who's stuck with Ellie and Blake from the beginning and never gave up on it!! You are my true fans and I’ll be forever grateful for everyone who’s fanned, voted, commented and even read my stories. All the amazing comments I get just brighten my day everyday

BUT THERES MORE!!!

Unfortunately there will be no sequel for CIL; however I will be posting the epilogue soon so you get the final glimpse of what happens to Ellie and Blake further down the road. It will be up in a couple days so please have patience. 

ANYWAYS! I hope you’ve enjoyed Ellie's journey as much as I have and if you liked this story please feel free to check out my other stories Enchanting and The Lonely Spark. I will also have a new story coming out soon which I am INSANELY excited for and I think you guys will absolutely love it.

Now I will shut up. Thanks for reading guys!!