Chapter Nineteen: The Fight

“Blake” Mariah called “can you go put the garbage at then end of the driveway?”

He nodded and grabbed one of the bags in each hand. I picked up the third one to help him. we walked to the end of the driveway and placed it down.

“Thanks Ellie” he said. I smiled “no problem”

He put his arm around my waist and we walked back to the house together. It was perfect. This summer was going to be the best summer yet. Rachel won’t even know who I am anymore. Before she left I was little innocent who was going to spend the summer miserably alone at home, but when she comes home she will meet Ellie, who spent a summer at the cottage of her boyfriend.

“Hey!” Blake and I turned around to see Adam standing at the edge of the driveway.

“What the hell do you want?” Blake asked annoyed. I knew this wasn’t going to be pretty.

“I was just curious” he started “as to why Ellie ran off at the movies. I was under the impression that we were having a great time”

“Well we weren’t” I told him. “You’re an asshole and I hope you know it.”

He smiled devilishly. I couldn’t understand how this was the same boy I had met at the mall two days ago. He was just so different. Maybe I was being naive, as Blake mentioned before, but he was truly evil.

“Just stay away from her” Blake said taking my hand. Adam raised an eyebrow.

“Oh” he said smiling “you two? Together? Really. Just remember Blake. They all come running back to me. No girl would ever be with you when I’m right next door. Just ask Hazel.”

That’s when Blake charged towards him and punched him, knocking him to the ground. I nearly screamed. I could see the anger in his eyes. The bright blue had been taken over by darkness.

Adam stood up and punched him back, and kept punching him until he was down. I screamed as they continued to fight. I quickly sprinted into the house. And called the adults, who came running outside. It took both my father and Daniel to pull Blake off of Adam.

“What the hell is going on” Mariah said. She then turned to Blake “we sent you away to stop all the fighting. And now, you start up again. Honestly, I’m starting to think Ellie has a lot to do with all of this”

“Of course she does” Blake yelled at his mother. “If Adam hadn’t tried to rape her, we wouldn’t be here right now.”

All eyes when to me, and my father let go of Blake. I stood their awkwardly. I never liked being the center of attention anyways.

“I think using the word rape is a little much, don’t you think?” Adam said. Blake shook his head.

“The reason I went out last night was to go find Ellie” Blake said. I felt like slapping him. Why was he saying any of this? I thought we were done with this? I wanted him to stop talking and never bring up that part of the night.

“Blake tried to force her to do things with him” he said. “She ran out of the theatre and called me. I think this bastard has every right to be beaten up”

My mother ran over to me and hugged me.

“Why didn't you say anything?” she said to me, stroking my hair.

“It’s nothing to worry about” I told her. “I’m fine.”

“We can talk about this later” she told me. I nodded, and reminded myself to avoid the family for the rest of the day.

“Stay the hell away from my daughter” my father said to Adam. Dad wasn’t the type of guy to get angry. In fact, he was one of the most laid back people I’d ever met. He was always calm and gentle, but when someone messed with his daughters, he turned into a complete different person.

“And if you don’t” he said “I’m going to contact the police.”

Adam nodded and walked back to his house. The parents walked back into the house, and Blake followed. Thought, when he passed me, I grabbed his arm and made him stay. I knew he didn't want to, because he knew I was going to be extremely mad at him.

“How dare you” I said to him when we were alone “how dare you tell my parents. I thought you weren’t going to say anything. I trusted you Blake!”

“Ellie” he said “your parents needed to know. That bastard wasn’t going to stay away unless he was threatened by someone who could do major damage”

“I could handle him” I told him.

“No Ellie, you wouldn’t be” he said to me “I’m always going to be the one who has to save your little ass because you keep making stupid decisions!”

“You do not save my ass” I said to him “I called you because I needed help, not because I wanted you to be my hero”

“Trust me” he said “I never had any intentions of being your hero”

I couldn’t believe what he said. After all these years, of being friends. After he goes from being an ass to being my friend, he is back at being an ass.

You know what Blake? I said “I actually believed you changed. I actually thought you liked me for real this time”

I started walking towards the house. I couldn’t deal with him anymore.

“Elle I’m two years older than you” he said “why would I ever want to be with you?”

I stopped in my tracks. Tears rolled down my cheeks. I wanted to slap him, I wanted to kiss him. I just wanted him to feel the same way I felt about him. I ran through the house, out onto the dock, and sat on the ground and cried. If Blake didn't like me, why did he play me along? Why did he take me on that magical date, and make me fall in love with the way he talked and his selfish ways?

I heard footsteps come from behind me. “Ellie” he said quietly. I didn't respond. I had nothing left to say to him.

 “Ellie I’m really sorry” he said “I didn't mean it.”

“No” I said “I know you did. Who are we kidding? This would never work out. How could I expect after all these years we would be the same. Just go away Blake”

I had expected him to stay and try to get me back, but he just sighed and walked into the house, leaving me alone.

so what did you guys think? i know its a little rushed, but i promise the next chapter is going to be great. the story though will be ending soon, then i will be going back and rewriting chapters, and making them a little longer. i think there will only be a few chapters left, and possibly an epilogue. but if i can think of something to add in i will defiantly make the chapter longer :)