Chapter Twelve: The New Boy

Tuesday

I woke up the next morning and rubbed my eyes, remembering the things that had happened last night. I slowly got up and walked into the bathroom. My braids were still wet from last night, so I jumped into the shower so it didn't look like I went cliff diving in the middle of the night. 

I couldn’t believe what Blake had done last night. It almost seemed surreal, like none of it happened. But it defiantly did happen. I don’t think I’d be able to handle it again if he tried anything again.

“Ellie?” it was my sister “are you in the bathroom?”

“Yeah” I told her. I had only stepped out of the shower moments ago. I quickly threw on my bathrobe and walked out.

“What do you want?” I asked my sister.

“Easy” she said calmly “no reason to be so snappy sis”

“I’m not being snappy!” I snapped at her.

She laughed “I don’t know what’s gotten under your skin, but I know how to cheer you up!”

“How?” I asked her “and nothings gotten under my skin!”

She rolled her eyes. “Were going shopping!” she announced.

I sighed. Really? Shopping? That was supposed to cheer me up? If there was one thing I couldn’t stand it was shopping, and especially shopping with my sister.  Then again, if I went with her, it would mean I wouldn’t have to see Blake for an entire day. That was great, even though I was shopping with my shopaholic of a sister.

“Come on Ellie!” she pouted “please?”

“Fine” I said flatly. My sister jumped up and ran out of my room to let me get changed. Sometimes, I forgot she was three years older than me.

I quickly pulled on a pair of white shorts and a t-shirt and met my sister in the hallway. She grabbed her purse and we walked to the car, promising we’d stop somewhere for some breakfast on the way to the mall.

I got into the car and waited for my sister to get in. she sat down, and threw her purse into the backseat. She turned to stare at me. Her emerald eyes darted into mine. I didn't know what she was waiting for me to say.

“Well!” she said after awhile. So she was waiting for me to say something. “Spit it out already Ellie!”

“Spit what out?” I asked her. She rolled her eyes again.

“Don’t play dumb with me” she said “I heard Blake and you sneak out last night. You two aren’t exactly the quietest people in the house.”

I blushed. If Diana knew, who else in the house knew about our 2am adventure?

“So what happened!” she said loudly.

“Nothing” I told her. Which was Nothing happened. He just got up and walked away.

“Ellie” she said “please. I've been sixteen before. And when a guy comes knocking in the middle of the night, it’s not for nothing.”

“We just went swimming” I told her, but I knew she didn't believe me.

“Honestly” she said “do you not trust me?”

“No I trust you” I started

“Then why aren’t you spilling the details!” she said annoyed.

“Nothing happened Diana.” I told her. “He kissed me, and then just got up and walked away. Something about how he can’t do this to me.”

 “Well you are a minor, and he’s a legal adult” she said “he’s eighteen, your only fifteen!”

“Almost sixteen” I reminded her.

“That doesn’t make it any less illegal” she told me “or maybe he just has something else going on. Ellie guys are stupid. They’re not like us girls who say exactly what’s on their mind at every given moment. He could have other things going on in his life. You never know”

I smiled at my sister. She was the one person I could trust with my entire life. She was an amazing sister and I was so glad to have her here to talk to.

We pulled up in front of the mall and my sister basically pulled me out of the car and dragged me inside. If there was one major difference between me and my sister, it was the fact that she could live in a mall, and I on the other hand, was only willing to go into one if I absolutely needed something.

She dragged me into nearly every clothing store she liked, trying on different shirts and dresses and pants, making me rate them on a scale from 1 to 10. Somehow, she managed to even get me into the change rooms a couple times. And when I got into one, she kept finding outfits so I was forced to try on as many outfits as she could make me.

I sat outside the change rooms on a couch as my sister went in to try on a few shirts. I took out my Iphone and went on Facebook. All my friends were off having the summer of their lives, while I was stuck in the middle of nowhere. I desperately missed Rachel. She decided to try going to a sleepover camp this year. I wanted to go with her, but my parents refused to send me away for two entire months. She looked like she was having a good time though. Everyone liked Rachel. She wasn’t a hard person to be friends with. I never understood how she chose me to be her best friend. I’m just Ellie. Nothing is special about me really. Rachel is outgoing and a bundle of energy. She likes trying new things, and especially crazy things. I, on the other hand, wasn’t really outgoing and I didn't like change at all in my life. We’re total opposites, which was why we always had something to talk about.

A boy sat down on the couch across from me. I looked up from my phone and watched him as he sat down. He smiled at me and I sunk back into my seat and continued looking through my phone. Then I realized no one was going to talk to me. They were all too busy having fun.

I sighed loudly, or at least loud enough to catch the boy’s attention. He looked up at me curiously.  Awkwardly, I smiled.

“Are you waiting for someone?” he asked curiously. He was fairly good looking, with long blond hair that swept across his gorgeous turquoise eyes.

I snapped back into reality and nodded. “My older sister”

He smiled “me too”

I looked back down at my phone and stared blankly at it.

“I’m Adam” he said suddenly. I looked up again from my phone. He walked over and sat beside me on the couch, smiling.

I smiled back at him “Ellie”

“So” he said casually “do you have a place up here? Or are you renting.”

“Staying with friends” I told him

“Who?” he asked, flipping his blond locks out of his face exposing more of his eyes. “Maybe I know her”

“Him” I told Adam “and Blake Thomas”

“Oh!” he said “I know Blake. He’s supposed to be coming to my party tonight. I live next door”

“So you’re the one who figured out the cliff diving spot?” I asked him. He nodded.

“I’m that guy” he smiled. He had an amazing smile, but no smile could ever compare to Blake’s “so listen, you’re more than welcome to come to my party tonight. I’d really appreciate a pretty girl like you coming”

I blushed. He thought I was pretty? “I’ll think about it” I told him

He smiled. “good.” He said “I should really find my little sister now. I’ll see you around Ellie”

He got up and walked away, leaving me to stare at my phone. My sister came out of the change room minutes later, holding a pile of clothes in each arm.

“I’m getting these” she said to me, putting the clothes down, “and not getting these. Are you ready to go?”

“Yeah” I told her, and I got up and followed my sister to the cash register. 

hope you guys liked this chapter!! what do you think of Adam? dont forget to check out my other book Enchanting!!