Chapter Twenty-Three: Feet In The Water

Friday

I woke up the next morning, somehow wishing I was magically transported to my bedroom overnight. I carefully got up and flipped my blond hair into a ponytail and got dressed. I was literally exhausted. This whole week had just been an emotional rollercoaster. Something about Blake made me go into overdrive.

Blake.

Just thinking about him made my heart ache. It was over. I had to remember that. We would go our separate ways in a few months, and then we wouldn’t see each other until next summer, or maybe not, considering my parents were planning a Europe trip already.

I looked over at my suitcase, which was barely packed. I hadn’t bothered to continue packing since Blake barged in yesterday. I carefully walked over to my drawers and placed my clothes neatly in the suitcase.

Then I heard a nock on my door. In all honestly, I was planning to spend another day avoiding everyone in the house, including Diana today. I didn't want to have to go and get more ice cream today.

“Come in” I said plainly. I thought it was Diana at the door, but when it opened, I realized it was Blake. He wasn’t wearing a shirt, or pants for the matter. He was standing in the doorway, in his boxers, and he looked as if just got out of bed.

“I heard you get up” he said to me.

I just pretended he wasn’t there, and proceeded to pack. He could stare at me all he wanted to, but I wasn’t going to put up with his shit any longer.

“Please Ellie” he said, taking my hand. I immediately reacted, pulling my hand away from his.

“Please” he repeated “don’t leave”

“What other choice do I have Blake!” I snapped “do you really expect me to stay?”

“We can work this out!” replied

“We really can’t!” I told him “I don’t want to. We keep going back and forth at who’s mad at who, and it’s not supposed to be like this. I really think it’s time that we let things be Blake. Please.”

“I can’t let you do this Ellie” he said to me, moving closer. I just rolled my eyes, because I knew if I fell for the temptation of Blake, I’d be screwed over again. Sure, he was sweet and caring, but he also found joy in messing with my feelings. I didn't know if it was done on purpose or not, but nonetheless it hurt all the same.

“What if we avoid each other?” he said “you don’t have to say a word to me until we go home. It’ll be like I’m not even here”

“You honestly expect me to stay here for three more weeks?” I asked he nodded, “Blake! I barely lasted a week! I think if I stayed one of us would end up dead!”

He chuckled. I didn't understand. I was so confused at how he could act as if we were still getting along.

“I’m leaving” I said to him “and nothing you do is going to change my mind”

He quickly walked forward and pushed his lips against mine. I wanted to stay here forever, but I couldn’t keep this up. I pushed against his chest, moving him away from me.

“Blake” I said to him “I mean it. Were done.”

“Why do you have to be this way!” he snapped. I hadn’t expected this. I just expected him to walk off.

“Be what way?” I snapped back.

“Why are you pushing me away!” he said “Ellie! This is what you wanted. And now when I want you, it’s not okay. The whole fucking world doesn’t revolve around you. So stop acting like a stupid little princess and grow up. Stop messing with people”

“I’ll stop when you stop!” I yelled back at him. He clenched his fists and stormed out of my room, slamming the door behind himself. I didn't understand why he was being this way. One minute he wanted me and I didn't, the next the other way around, and then the process would repeat. What did I do wrong? I wanted Blake and he wanted me, and we both knew it, but we just weren’t meant to be apparently.

I continued to place my clothes in my suitcase until nearly everything was packed. I made a mental note to come back after breakfast to continue, as I walked into the kitchen and poured myself a bowl of cereal.

I decided to sit by the pool, that way if Blake happened to go get some breakfast, we wouldn’t run into each other. I sat at the edge with my legs in the pool, swinging them through the water as I ate my breakfast.

“Thought I’d find you here” my mother said. I smiled as I saw her. My mother, the one person who had been barely around me all week. She sat down beside me and put her feet into the water. Like me, my mother loved the water, though she was more of a relax on the beach and swim in the ocean kind of girl. And when she had Diana and me, I got the swimming part, while Diana preferred lying in the sun, tanning her olive skin.

“I’m going to miss you baby” she said “you could just stay”

“No mom” I told her. I knew I was going to miss her for three weeks, but I didn't want to stay. And I didn't want to ruin her vacation by having her come home with me.

“Ill be fine mom” I told her “I’m almost sixteen. Diana will be home, and when she leaves I’ll probably go to Rachel’s until you get back. You’ve left me home alone before while you were on vacation before.”

“I know baby” she said, wrapping her warm arms around me. Nothing was better than a mother’s love. Not any other person could give me the love she gives.

I walked into the kitchen, and then into my room, to get changed for an activity that never changed.

sorry it's been awhile since i uploaded, i started school on wednesday and i cannot believe that teachers actually give homework so soon this year! anyways, i hope you liked this chapter :) i'm hoping the next one will be up in a few days. after that, i have bits and pieces of the final chapters i need to place togther to make the grand finale!! :D but dont worry, this stories going to be going on for a little while longer! thanks to everyone who's stuck since the beggining, when i posted the first chapter! it means so much to me! 

and another note: the chapters wont be uploaded as late now since school started, so expect them anywhere between 5 and 11pm on any random day! maybe i'll make a schedule but who knows :p 

k i will shut up now :p