Chapter Eleven: Cliff Diving

okay so a lot of people were saying they didnt like the ending i had origionally on this chapter, and i didnt really like it either. so then when i was thinking of what to write in the next chapter, i came up with a pretty good idea, so i cut out the whole scene at the end. i know its a little shorter now, but it'll be better for the story in the long run.

 “Ellie” he whispered. I rubbed my eyes and focused. It was Blake. He was in his bathing suit. “Ready for some real fun?”

I groaned and put my pillow over my head. I wasn’t a morning person, never was, never will be. If Blake was going to wake me up early every morning, we were going to have a serious problem on our hands.

“Get up Ellie” he said. I could picture the smile on his face. Blake was always smiling. It was like a signature look of his “I promise you, you’re going to love this. Just get up.”

I took the pillow off my face and braced myself for sunlight. I looked out the window. It wasn’t even morning yet. It was pitch black outside. “What time is it?” I asked him. I could make out a smile coming from his lips.

“Two” he told me. Groaned again and put the pillow back on my face. It was way too early to wake up. Half the time I wasn’t even asleep by two. “Just come on.” he begged “This is a once in a lifetime opportunity.”

I sat upwards. “Do I have a choice?”

“No” he said sternly. I sighed “just let me get changed.”

He quickly stepped out of my room and I turned on the antique lamp next to my bed. I walked around the room and grabbed my bathing suit, carefully slipping it on. I walked out of the room. Blake was waiting for me outside. He put his finger to his lips, telling me that if we said a word we would get into deep, deep trouble. We quietly walked down the stairs and into the backyard.  Blake walked in front of me, passing the dock and leading me down a dirt trail.

“Where are we going?” I asked him. He just smiled and kept walking. I repeated the question.

 “The kid next door showed me this. He figured this out a few years ago. My family has yet to discover it.”

“But what is it?” I asked but again he didn't answer. My gut feeling was giving me a sign, but I didn't know if I was going to love this idea, or hate it miserably. The trail stopped, and left us on the rocks of the cliffs. Blake grabbed my hand and led me to a wooden platform. I looked down and saw the water. The place was immaculate.

“Ready?” he asked me. But before I answered he jumped. I screamed as he flipped and landed in the water. I waited and saw his head break the water. Though it was pitch black out, He probably could tell the horrified expression on my face.

“You’re mental!” I yelled down at him. He laughed. “You coming or not?”

I thought about it. And turned around. “Awe Ellie!” Blake called from the bottom.  I smiled to myself and dived off backwards, somersaulting into the water. The adrenaline was incredible, Much better than diving off the diving board at the school pool. The ice cold water hit my skin, shocking me. I hadn’t expected it to be as cold as it was I swam to the edge and walked out of the water.

“That” Blake said “that was mental.”

I laughed “that was nothing. I was scared. Come see me at a competition, I’m way better”

He smiled and walked up the stone steps that led back to the dock.  When we were at the top, he turned to me. “Again?”

But he didn't even have to ask me. I had to do it again. That feeling was something I never felt before. Blake was right. this was a once in a lifetime opportunity. I ran back to the cliff and waited for Blake, who was walking behind me.

I turned towards the water and put my feet the edge. I was trying to decide which trick to show off to Blake. Oh god. I wanted to show off to Blake. Sure, I've always wanted to be better than him at everything, but that was because I wanted to be the best, not because I wanted him to like me.

I turned around to see where he was, but he was standing right behind me. He raised his eyebrows and smiled.

“Don’t you dare?” I scolded, but as I said that, he pushed me and I tumbled down into the water. He quickly followed me, diving in head first.

“I won this time” he told me. I shot him a look. “You’re dead.” I told him, and he quickly swam out of the water. When we were on solid ground I chased him. He defiantly wasn’t running fast at all, because I was able to catch him and pin him to the ground.

Oh god. I thought to myself what do I do now?

But as I told myself that, Blake rolled over and was now pinning me to the ground.  Now I really didn't know what to do. We were both panting loudly and I looked up at Blake. He leaned down and kissed me. Then he released my from the ground and I sat down beside him. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and continued kissing me. It felt so right, like my lips were made to be connected to his.

Suddenly, he stopped. “I can’t do this to you” he said to me.

“Do what?” I was confused.

“I can’t” he repeated “I’m sorry Ellie I just can’t do this to you.”

What was he doing to me? All he did was kissed me! He stood up and walked back to the house, leaving me alone on the grass. 

 sorry its kind of short but i really like this chapter! let me know what you think!! dont forget to check out my new story Enchanting (which i am falling in love with the storyline) and the prologue of Save The Last Dance!!