Chapter Twenty-Two: Comfort Food

“I know” Diana said sitting up. We had been sitting in my room for a few hours now, and after I stopped moping around, she went into her room and grabbed the ‘emergency breakup kit’ that she brings everywhere she goes for longer than a few days. It consisted of everything girly. Nail polish, magazines, a few chocolate bars, and a bunch of other things.

“Blue is your colour” my sister said, painting my nails a light shade of blue. Usually, I wouldn’t let my sister near my nails with a container of polish, despite the colour. But today, I wasn’t exactly in a position to care about what she said or did.

“Alright” she said, closing the bottle tightly. “I’m going to go put this away, and then we're going to go out”

“I don’t want to go out” I whined “cant we just stay here? I’ll even let you paint my toes”

“Tempting” she said contemplating my suggestion. But she shook her head “no. You need to get out of this room.”

“I've gone out” I defended. She chuckled “yeah. To grab your plate and scurry back into your room. Just get dressed.”

I groaned and watched as my sister walked out of my room. I walked over to my dresser and changed out of my sweatpants and bulky sweater and into a pair of jean shorts and a white tank top. I whipped my messy strait hair into a high ponytail, and waited for my sister to come and collect me.

“Where are we going?” I asked her as we got into Max’s truck. Diana asked him to borrow it, since she left her car at home. I felt bad for the guy. He was stuck in the house not knowing anyone very well.

“To get some ice cream” she said smiling.  

“Why?” I asked, annoyed “I don’t want ice cream”

She looked at me with her mouth better “ice cream takes away the pain”

“I’m not in pain” I lied. But I was. I felt broken. I just wanted to cry. I hadn’t realized how badly I liked him, until he was gone. But even though it hurt, it was over.

I had to admit, Diana was right when she said ice cream takes away the pain. Well, maybe not all the pain, but indulging in a large Sundae certainly made me feel a heck of a lot better. There was something about the taste of the Sundae that made me feel 100 times better.

After we finished our delicious sundaes, I followed my sister back to the car, wondering whether we were going to do anything else or go home.

My sister yawned, giving me my answer that we were defiantly going home. When Diana was tired, Diana was tired. And that meant that we were to go home and not stop anywhere along the way, no matter how important.

My sister pulled into the driveway and parked the car. We both got out and without saying a word, went into our separate rooms.

One more day. One more day, and then I can go home.

But why wasn’t I excited to leave?

I carefully climbed into bed and thought of all the things that would be waiting for me once I got home. Rachel would be home from camp, my other friend Avia would be back from her trip to Hawaii, and I would have my life finally back to normal.

But just as I fell asleep, I remembered that Blake wasn’t going to be there. And that was the one thing I was looking forward to before all this happened.

hey guys sorry for another short chapter, but hey! at least i got 2 chapters up in 2 days! anyways, tell me what you thinks going to happen next! feel free to leave any questions or comments for me! hope you enjoyed!!