XVIII

Before the nights ended, Eden picked me up from school around 8:30 pm for a coffee, but before we can take a cab to take him to the Airport.
"I know you wouldn't make your flight later than them if you don't have any important things to say, am I right or am I right?" I told him while we were both sitting in a comfortable single couch facing each other.
"You know me, well Babe." He said and winked at me. And I feel like he is being nervous at the same time.
"So What's up? Do I have to say no?" I told him shrugging my shoulder.
"Well, it's been a year and I thought I'm going to get over you but I was wrong, I dated from now and then but it didn't work, and to make it short, maybe I'm just so in love about us so this is the right time to ask you to gave me a chance or never?" he said it as if he'd been so sure about this for many times.
"You know I can't love you as much as you love me, and I don't want to mess up whatever we have right now because I can't lose you, you know how much I loved you as who you are to me Eden, please," I told him holding his hands that were held at the table.
"Then lose me now or gave me a chance. Besides I don't want you to drag yourself into his mess." He answered back.
"What do you mean?" I was looking at his eyes intently.
"I know you still loved him, I don't blame you because that's how I feel about you and so like him, but look, he is married man, a father and she is a lawyer and one wrong moved from you she can mess up life." He told me as if begging for me to change my mind.
"I don't plan to mixed my life with him I'm not that desperate Eden," I explain trying to point out that I am still sane.
"That's why marry me." he drops it while staring into my eyes and I was beyond amazed, is this the old Eden I used to know?
"You still have school, I do have mine. you lived an hour from mine how do you think this will work how sure are you I can't say no?" I was more like inquiring
"Because I know how good you are and you don't want to mess someone's life because you want happiness, you want to sacrifice for others then marry me to moved on, used me, Olivia." He is hurt proposing and I can't just drop his proposal, because I know deep down I might give in anytime to Adam. And I need someone to make me sane.
"Did you plan this out? Going here with them, does Neil knows this?" I inquire
"Yes, Neil asked me if I am sure. And I told him I don't want to regret not asking you to marry me and especially I know I can save you from losing yourself to someone just because they messed up before and still, you still loved him now. But it's not fair if I won't fight for my feelings it's now or never."
Eden was making sense, he had been loving me throughout that relationship I was with Adam and he just wants to save me up to this point.
"You don't have to love me as much I love you, or you don't have to love me at all just be with me, but one thing is for sure. I want you to be devoted to our relationship then I won't ask more than that." He was squeezing my hands and half-smiling at me.
"Then, it's yes." I told him "But I promise to try just be patient with me though." I told him exhaustedly after blowing my invisible bangs.
"That is for sure Babe." Now he was kissing my hands.
"Then how do you think this will work?" it told since will be living an hour flight apart.
"Don't tell me you will be missing me right away?" he was assuming things to get it from me.
"you know what I mean Eden!" I was annoyed because he is back to this unserious old him.
"I'll be here next weekend for sure for a date then will discuss things from there but right now, I want you to know that you are officially my fiancée and please no dates and I should be updated for whatever is your activity it is." He told me acting like a possessive one but actually, he is and this site is new.
"Common, you will be late for your departure time," I told him instead of making fun of me.
"Sending me away it is Babe?" still teasing me.
"No, because it is the time already duh!" then I stand up from our table sipping one last time I have On My cup.
But before I can do that I feel like I was being watched but I didn't act as I knew it.
After the stands up, he took his travel backpack and hold my hands, and I didn't bother because he used to do that before and what change?
I smile at him, I agree that I missed his company but it's the difference to Adam.
"Don't think too much." He told me and walk ahead of me still holding my hands.
I guess, for me not to mess around or commit any mistake I have to stick with this dose of mine.
At the Airport *
I feel like someone was following us.
"Well, I feel gratitude for sending me off at this time. Though you can't come with me we will call each other from time to time." Eden said while holding both my shoulder to make me listen to him acting as if I'm a grade school trying to understand his words.
"I'm not an underage you can pull your shit idiot!" slapping his hands from me. and I laugh at his childish attitude.
"Seriously, I'm gonna miss you, babe." He told me and I smile at his silliness, right now all I can think is, why not give us a chance. And I will for sure.
"Just go now, tsk!" I told him showing my fake irritation and he just hugged me tightly before he kissed me to my lips and I was stunned I didn't imagine he will do it so soon. And I just smile, I can't deny the fact that He is what every girl dreams but he was choosing me.
"Just go now, Babe," I told him in a serious tone.
"I LIKE THAT BABE." He smiled at my words and walk out before giving me one last wink. And I laugh at him.
Adam P.O.V
"Tell me something I don't know Charles," Adam said on the other line
As soon she walks out on me, I lose it. I thought I can accept what I have right now, I am willing to let her go. But I am wrong, I am too selfish for her.
"She just took off from the airport to her home." Charles told me
"what do you mean from the airport?" I asked confused
"She sends off her fiancée to London and from what I've heard, he's going back in a week or so. His name is Eden." He added
"is that all you got?" I asked again. I was irritated by knowing the information. I know she did this to stop me from doing mistakes because of her but didn't she even think that I'm willing to give it a try?
"Yes sir, do you still want me to follow her?" Charles added.
"No, just get her school program and send it to me and by for now." I ended the call.
I will be planning to visit her soon. Then I open my phone again to make a call to this man.
*RING
"Eden, speaking?" right to the point he knows I'm the one who's calling him.
"It's Adam," I answered unbothered to his tone
"What do I owe you, for this call the mighty mess one?" he uttered and I know he's pissed to me ever since but never try things.
"About Olivia," I answered right away.
"How about my fiancée Mr. Strauss?" I see he's claiming his victory
"if you're just messing around then stay away from her Eden or I'll do something you won't like." I told him a little bit annoyed.
"Well, you mess up big-time before and please don't do it twice and this time, I won't allow you if it's involved Olivia's downfall, she don't deserved to be just a mistress, I know you can hide everything about her but I won't allow you to break her and can't be mend anymore." His anger radiating from his voice.
I know he is right and has every right because he was there for her for all those mistakes I commit. And he's intention is real but I'm losing it all or never.
"I will do everything to be with her for whatever cause," I told him
"And I won't allow you, she was clear about us and this is about to never involved her to yours so before I pull anything about your marriage then stay the fuck away with her." Every word is stern and I know he is capable of doing things. But I won't hesitate to play this with OLIVIA.
"Goodbye Eden," I told him because it has no sense of warning him he is fighting for the right cause.
-William Mansion
Adam was standing at their room facing the full moon, he was waiting for his wife Alice. She always gets home late and a busy person as a lawyer. They shared the same room, the same bed and they fucked of course but he is being careful not to get her pregnant. Alice was a nice and great person it just so happen that he never loved her from the start and he made it clear from their first night.
(FLASHBACK)
It was after their wedding. He was sitting at their room holding his phone while looking at the photos of her and Olivia. He was beyond angry he feels like he lost everything, he feels like he never fights that much for her. He feels like he betrayed her, without her knowing.
"What's that?" Alice on the other side of the bed ask her casually
"Nothing that concern you, and anyway we have to talk" Adam hissed at her
"I want to make this clear, I don't love you and don't expect anything from this marriage. I love someone else and you know why we get married this is a convenience marriage so don't hope something for else."
And she was silence she feels hurt but masks it. I don't care if she was hurt if I feel betrayed on the other side.
"You see this woman?! She is Olivia and because of you, I can't be with her, because of this damn marriage!" showing him Olivia's photo. And she was about to cry but trying not to.
"You deserved better than this, you're a lawyer for crying out loud but you let your parents manipulate us!" I was angry at her because she was the one who suggested this marriage. She has been like me for no reason and I don't give a shit because she ruins my life with Olivia.
"Well, either you like it or not. you've stuck into this marriage, Adam. And one thing is for sure I don't share and you won't like the consequence if you will ever fuck up this marriage." She was strong I know because she's a lawyer for all I care but I don't care. She is obsessed with something she can't ever have.

END OF FLASHBACK*

Adam was handling his family business but never stay their company's office for long or the whole day to avoid his father.
He works at home if it's possible since Alice was a busy person he chooses to stay with his daughter instead.
He was in deep thought and not aware that Alice was staring at his back.

"What made you wait for me at this hour?" she put her things on the table on the other side of the room and look at him.
"We need to talk," I told her still holding my drinks
"The last time you told me that it didn't end well." Reminding him of their first night.
"I want out of this marriage Alice." He stated
"What makes you think I will let you Adam?" she was now facing the mirror taking off her office attire.
"Because this is pointless." He answered
"Because you never try, you are still sick of your first love! You are still stuck into that woman! Grow up, Adam! What else you can ask from this marriage?! I am trying my best and you can't just drop the bomb that you want out!" she was fuming in anger hearing him ending their marriage for all this time he isn't moved on.
"Then I'll do it on my way, don't ever question me, Alice. Before we lose respect for each other just let me out." He was talking as if it is just a casual thing to sort.
"You can't fucking do that to me! I'll make her suffer before you know it! Don't do something stupid behind my back or you won't like it, and you will regret everything Adam, believe me." Alice was desperate to keep him
"I don't have anything to lose from the very beginning, Alice. I just want her beside me." He stated and walked out of their room decided to sleep in the other room of the mansion.