CHAPTER XIV

It's been a week since the last time with Adam I never turn on my phone, to avoid him. I know it will be best to breath for a while. And I know he understands me this time. I hope so.
I was enjoying the beach with everyone, Hailey my cousin was here. Even Sophia texted me that she will follow us here she will just get something from her house. Since she came from college for the early break they have. Since this outing is not just my group of friends, even my childhood friend plan to tag along. I even heard Archie and Ronan that Jane decided to come. But I just shrug my shoulder to their story, I feel like she was up to something. Call me crazy but it's a girl instinct.
I was enjoying the wave since I'm good at swimming. Perks of living in a near river in your town. We always race with my brother's friend, even me and Sophia we just love water.
Everyone was enjoying playing volleyball, some are playing with the water also. I don't bother Neil and Eden, instead, I was making myself tired jumping whenever the wave will hit my body and swim fast from it or will take a deep dive until I fell like I need to breathe.
Until I heard someone was calling my name.
"Hey?! Are you planning to take suicide? At least your no longer a virgin right? please do so if you are that desperate." I was looking at Sophia didn't even realize I was too far now from the others. And she has James on her back I narrowed my eyebrow to her escort. Giving the two of them the look of when you started to be friends?
"Oh, we've been hanging out lately since we both go to the same university, duh!" Sophia blurted to dismissed my knowing look what's up? She was hiding something but I respect her. James was not bad, Jane was bad to him. And I like this new thang about these two.
"Whatever, I'm just trying to release some sweat." Giving them smirk. I know this will eas my feelings. Maybe I'm confused. And now seeing Sophia and James push me to fight what's mine.
"I heard everyone was here?" James interrupts our deep silent talking.
"They said so," I answered not bothering whose here and whose not.
"Your boyfriend and Jane I mean." I snap my head to what James just said when I was about to take another deep since a big wave was about to hit me and guess what?? As I was about to answer. I lost it, the wave hit me hard without even realizing I just hit my head with rock since I was now in a rocky part of the beach. I didn't panic for a while I decided to let the water take me deeper into the water surface. What he said just hit me hard. I'm so much confused.
Until I feel James' hands, trying to drag me up, from the more deepest part of the water. I know I'm not drowning but I see the blood from my head, mixing to the water. But I don't feel anything. Until James was now holding my hips trying to drag me to the seashore.
"Shit! Olivia! Are you ok? O shit! Double shit! Your bleeding. HELP!!" Sophia was practically trembling to call everyone's attention and now everyone was looking at us as James was now walking me to the sand. I just sit. And told them I'm fine.
The lifeguard was in a hurry walking to our spot I guess holding some first aid kit.
"What happen?" my brother was standing beside me and hand me a towel since I'm just wearing my swimming suit since he didn't like the look on every mans giving me. it's too revealing it's a one piece. Before I started swimming I am wearing a crop top under it and now I don't.
"I just an accidentally hit a rock that's all." Dismissing everyone and luckily they started to walk out on us.
"Are you ok now?" I heard Hailey asked me. we never get close even though we were related by blood. Maybe we just didn't give an effort since we bot goes to a different school.
"Yeah I guess, I just need rest," I answered her the lifeguard was done doing his job. I hold my head and I guess he even put some bandages to my forehead.
I also have another scratch on my elbow and thanks to him for doing his magic. I never get myself into an accident ever since just this one as far as I can remember.
"Thank you, sir," I mouthed to the lifeguard. And he just gave me nod but
"You can't swim to this part, even though you're a good swimmer, this part is risky since the rocks around this part were too sharp.
"I'm sorry I enjoyed too much and forget I'm swimming in this part." I explain lying to his face. While James and Sophia just listening.
"Let's get you some food." Sophia helps me to stand up while James was waiting for us to start to walk.
"I'm sorry, It was my fault," James told me as we were walking to the other part of the beach to find some restaurant.
"You saved me though, let's forget it." I gave him a dismissing look. It's just an accident half fault of mine for being lost in my thoughts.
After eating some lunch from the restaurant with Sophia and James I decided to go back to my room and take a nap, I told them that I will meet them later since I'm too exhausted now. I wake up around 5:30 pm and hearing the crowd from the beach since I'm occupying a big nipa hut near the seashore. Some are drinking some are still playing beach volleyball and even spot some bonfire which I love about going to this beach. I decided to change my clothes, I spot another backpack and things maybe it belongs to Sophia and James since I told them they can share the room with me and I don't mind.
I decided to wear my hoody long sleeve and underneath was a two-piece set if ever I want to swim. Tomorrow afternoon we leave the beach, so I should enjoy while this lasts. Smirking to the idea. Whatever James told me an hour ago maybe Adam has a reason. Before I leave the place. I locked everything first.
I want to get drunk this time.
As I was walking out, I remember my phone. And I remember it was in my uncle Alex's car which allowed us to use it. I detour myself and walk to the parking area, as I was flipping my brother's thing to find my phone. I heard a familiar voice, laughing. And I didn't bother. After finding my phone I put it in my short pocket. Before that, I turn it on so that I can check some SMS and phone call, I will call Adam later maybe he can drop by. I will tell him all my doubts and I will tell him that I'm ready to bet all my fear just to be with him. Yes, it will ask me to go with him in a far away then. I will come with him.
As I was walking back to the beach I bumped into Neil.
"Ouch! You hurt me!" drama queen was massaging his elbow pretendedly, I know it didn't hurt that bad.
"do you want me to do it again in? Where's Eden?" I was annoyed by his childishness.
"He's drinking with some random girls? I don't know." He answered instead.
"Let's find them then? Where?" I walk past him
"In a club at the End of this beach, just walk straight. But you wouldn't want to be there I'm telling you." he was about to warn me again and again
"If there's any horny man who will try things to me, I know you will punch them right? solved" I drag him more to walk next to me.
I want to drink before whatever I want to do for the following days, live life wild, young, and most of all, free.
"Fine!" I heard him hiss but I didn't bother.
As we were inside the bar, I spot Eden sitting on the counter with some girl I think I know her before but I just can't point where and who?
I decided to sit across them and order from the bartender some drinks.
"what can I make for this beautiful young lady?" the bartender asks even my age if I'm already legal for alcohol, but I don't mind. Maybe I'm just lucky today. Perks of having a good look can distract people, especially men.
"If you have a pink lady, that will be good," I told him and a wink to distract him more. And he just gave me his sweetest smile.
"Coming right up." I heard him say before I turn my chair to look around the crowd until I spot a familiar feature standing back at me.
Adam! My mind screams his name.
He was facing the girl from my spot, here was a little dim but they are on the other side which the spotlight will always catch them that's why I know it was him and Jane. He was kissing him, touching his breast, his butt, they are almost making out in their spot, they looked like dancing but for me, it's more like about to have sex!
As the bartender put the drinks in front of me, I gulp it right away. And ask for another shot. And then another one. still looking at those two figures. Jane was giggling and he was smiling kissing her. Whenever she will let him. Until I felt someone's hands on my grip.
"You've seen enough, I think you should stop from this, no matter how much you love him, the reality was he will always fuck around when things between you two are messed up." I heard Neil took his drink.
"This is too much for you." he continues and you can hear the hurt from his voice. He was hurting for his best friend.
"Your right," I answered death seriously as I gulp other drinks. I think I'm drunk.
"Let him know that you are here. It's now or never. I don't want you to cry over him." Neil was gripping his glass. "I'll be waiting for you outside this club." He added.
After gulping other drinks. Neil walks out on me then I stood up, almost not making it. I felt dizzy now, alcohol was making their way into my system. But gives me the confidence to stand still.
I walk directly to my goal. Until I was facing him. He was now startled seeing me in the crowd I send him a heartbreaking smile. I was smiling looking at him for maybe this will be the last time I'm going to waste my time thinking about us. I was smiling and drunk, memories keep appearing on my peripheral view. He cheated over and over. It was a bitter smile on why someone can cheat on you when you mean the world to them.
"Hi?" he was stiff from his standing position. Jane turns her back to face me, even she was shocked to see me.
"Jane right?" I slurred to her name "I don't understand what's with you and why he keeps cheating on us, but that' ok, I hope he keeps you forever like what he promised to keep me but unfortunately it was a joke I see." I was staring at the two of them. Showing no emotion
"Hon, right? tell me now if this is just another drama because I'm just drunk." I walk to him holding his hands. I don't care if I get attention from everyone. Jane was beyond shock or afraid. Maybe because I'm not angry nor smiling.
"We both have big pride that's why we will never fit each other. But one thing is for sure. I won't turn my back and fuck any men just because you fuck up things for us." I was looking at his face he was guilty, he was hurt, it shows everything "Let's talk" I put my finger to his mouth
"Pssst, let me talk." Keeping my stoic face. "an hour ago, I made up my mind. I will tell you how my Dad died, why my family blamed your uncle for his death. I was about to tell you to leave all of this and let's run away from now on. How I was always hesitating about us. I have loved you to the point of I'm willing to change my dream. But this is too much right?" I decided to hug him and still, he was stiff whispering I'm sorry to no one.
"Now I understand why we can't, your pride will always lie above us, instead of chasing each other, you will seek for someone's company because I can't give it to you." I was smelling him I feel like there is shallow inside my body
Now I was chuckling, I'm drunk. "Have you ever wished that I can be someone like her? You can casually fuck whenever you want and no drama?" I heard Jane hissing to my words. Yes, bitch, you're a casual fuck.
"You are nothing like her Olivia. Let me take you home. Your drunk." He hold my hands but I easily pull out from his hold, I felt like I burn into something. I'm beyond angry but I'm not going to let them see it.
I hold his face, trying to memorize every detail. This will be the last I'm going to let myself crazy over things.
"if loving you wasn't enough, then what's more to give?" I told him "can I kiss you? Of course, because you are mine remember?" then I kissed him closing my eyes for these memories. I bite his lips and another lingering kiss.
"Enough Olivia." He pulled out from me and ouch it was hurt. Didn't he like it?
"doesn't it taste better Adam?" I smile at this time. "Gotta go anyway, take her home or fuck her, that's where the two of you are good at right?" I was never a type of a person who will belittle someone by their wrong action.

this time I was the one walking out from them, I even bump myself to Jane which caused her to bump her butt to the couch at least right.
I walk out, and this time. It's for myself. I have been loving him since I was a kid, he gave me hope about us, comfort about every bad memory I'm battling with. He was my first love, I was his and how could still do it? Love will just drown your soul into the slumber of emptiness.
I feel lost, as I was walking out from the club, I spotted Neil waiting from the other side of the exit. He was staring at me intently, Eden was clenching his fist. I walk past them, I know they're following me. I walk straight to the empty part of the beach, facing the ocean, a small wave was making sounds.

As I was standing, I close my eyes. Now tears are streaming down my face. I just let them fall. I walk until I feel the water was consuming my body. Then I felt Neil beside me.
"Let me swim. I need it." I smiled at him.