CHAPTER XIII

WHILE READING THIS, YOU CAN LISTENTtO POST MALONE

- I FALL APART

enjoy!

After the night of revelation from my Grandfather, I decided to deep breathe which means I stay away from everyone and focus on finishing all my school activities, projects, exams, all pending school issues before I graduate.

Neil and Eden never question my action which I'm thankful for it. Adam keeps sending messages asking if I'm alright and I'll just answer alright and never send a message or even answer his call. I am awfully confused, I love him for sure, but family is the reason for who I became today. I just need time maybe to heal myself before I confront him or tell him why.

The afternoon before the sunset, I decided to kill time by having my favorite coffee in my favorite coffee shop here in our town. Which from my view I am facing the lake which is surrounded by the nearest places and even the sun as it starts to fade and its orange-ray is almost fading? I was lost in my world until Neil and Eden arrived at my table holding their order and some students from the other school are filling the nearest table. I even recognize them as one of Adams's group of friends. Which makes me hurt for missing him and yet ignoring him.
"Hey, Olivia right? Adams friend from his old school." He acknowledges me first when he was about to follow his group
"Yep, what took you here? College doesn't hold you that much hu?" I asked giving him a wide smile for remembering me. after meeting him just once and I know Adam has been warning his friends that I'm off-limit.
"Nah just need a break from stuff so I decided to finish things from school as early as possible to have my early break yeah know." He told me and give a small shrug
"Well, it's nice to see you here I guess," I told him dismissing since Neil and Eden are giving me a nonstop glare
"Yeah right gotta go with my friends it's nice to talk to you by the way and please send my hello to your boyfriend." He gave me the biggest smile and I answer "Sure" before I sit on my original spot.
"You didn't even introduce us girl, and I feel like he's ogling you a lot tsk!" Eden retorted as soon as I turn
"duh! He was a friend of Adam, so yeah" I answered them dismissing the idea.
"Tsk! the rumors are still hot that you and Adam are been an item, which we already know but those gossipers are taking it by heart by every day they make their mission to keep it fresh." Eden retort in an annoyed face which makes me laugh
"I'm not even affected but seems like your more annoyed than I am?" I teased him
"I know your family told you to stay away from him it's obvious but we never voice out but seeing you keep your thoughts on your brain, you can talk to us even if we are boys we wouldn't mind," Neil told me in a confused look which makes me smile because he's trying to be like girls just to make me confess
"Look, I will be fine I appreciate it, besides I'm not just a random girl who will cry on the other side of the room or will complain because things didn't work my way," I told them assuring them I will be, and I hope I really will.
"Whatever, I told you it doesn't suit you Neil to be girls," Eden playfully smacks his shoulder and we all burst out laughing, but get all the people's attention from our noises.
I am going to miss these two minions of mine. I don't regret things about Eden, I guess I was happy we will end up still good friends. Unlike me and Adam. I'm not sure who will be us in the future.
After our sizzling time at the coffee shop I decided to go home and rest since I don't have any pending assignments, I would love to just watch my favorite Bollywood movie from Hritik Roshan. Yeah, I love sappy movies especially when I needed to cry out alone and pretended it was because of the movie. So I wouldn't look stupid crying and can't tell why.
As I was checking my phone when I heard the vibration from it, and yes it's ringing, and got a call from Adam. I was debating if I have to answer him to maybe just tell him something. I know I'm not being fair again. Keeping things from him and making him worry.
"Hello?" I ask in a serious tone.
"Hon, what's going on? You've been ignoring my calls?" he answered in a confused tone.
"I'm sorry, I'm just tiding things up for school, yeah know before the graduation," I explain sincerely
"I see, but if you have any problem please call me and please answer your phone if call you?" he sounds desperate on the other line, I know he was trying to fix our lost trust but still it will take time.
"I MISS YOU, and I love you." I know how to stop his crazy thinking right now.
I heard a long sigh on the other line "You don't know how much I want to see you for missing you when I'm not with you and you know how much I love you, Olivia I know it will take time for us to take things the way it was, but I'm trying, just please gave me chance." He was sad explaining things to me and I understand him
"I know and we will be fine." I answered on the other line
"that's good, I'll try to visit this weekend. Since Monday will be a holiday here so I can spend 3 days with you. do you want me to buy things for you?" he asked excitedly about his 3days off from college
"Nah, just the usual chocolate bar will do you good." And I chuckled teasing him
"Noted hon, goodnight. I love you always." He said before ending our nights on the phone.
"Love you before Adam," I answered him teasing him.
"What? And now?" he was complaining which makes me laugh
"I love you Adam, goodnight," I told him before ending the call I kissed him sounds on the phone to torture him which earns a grunt and I burst out laughing at his complaint.
it was Friday night and the school decided to have a torch parade with all the graduating students. They called it recollection night. Or I don't know it's as long as when all of you are in a group circle you can share all your secrets, regrets, fear, whatever thoughts you can share to participate.
After ending the school activity, it was almost 1 in the morning and I'm about to collapse from depriving myself of my sleep. Neil told me I can take a nap at Edens's house if I want or they can take me home before they sleep since the two of them are planning to have overnight to Eden's house.
"Nah, I just need black coffee to wake my sanity," I told him
We decided to drink coffee in Eden's house before we can enter his house, someone was calling from my phone and I answered because it was Adam, which makes him call at this hour. My brother and grandparents know I'll be with Neil and Eden.
"Hey?" I answered right after answering the call
"Where are you? I decided to drive back as early and I've been calling you, I heard you are at school right now since there this Torch event?" he asked eagerly
"yup, we just finish, I'm just grabbing some coffee," I said
"At this hour? I'm here on your school campus driving and looking for you but you're not, what coffee shop is still open at this hour?" he asked in an angry tone that was obvious
"Nah, Eden house, you come here. Neil was here, we decided for some coffee before they took me back home, but now since you are here, change plan." I told him
"Fine" he drops the call which confuses me he sounds jealous for nothing.
"Leave it open, Adam will be here to pick me up. He decided to drive back today instead of tomorrow."

"Common let's boil some water." Eden holds my hands which makes me a bit but I let him hold my hands
We walk directly to their kitchen which is very spacious they have this counter in the center of the space which is very cool, I decided to hope in while waiting for him to prepare our coffee. Neil said he has to talk to someone on the phone privately, so he exits himself in the same room. I wonder who was that he's talking about.
"I have to tell you something important, Olivia." Eden turns back his on me after setting up the coffee beside me.
"Shoot" I shrug to him it must be important, now I know why Neil pretended to have a call.
"I know your plan, after high school, going somewhere too far from here because that's you, I've been open to my feeling for you ever since, though I got offended all the time that you've been just friend-zoning me, that's fine because it's worth it Olivia, I have you all those years, close to me and perks of being just your friend I guess what more can I ask?." He narrates in a serious tone. And I was a bit hesitant about what to tell him.
"what do you mean? I'm sorry I thought were doing good?" I was confused, all this time I thought we were on the same pages in our feelings. Were good as a friend than lovers.
"I need closure" he answered and since I was sitting on his kitchen counter I didn't have any choice to move right away, in other words, he stands in from of me between my two legs.
"I don't want to regret things someday, I didn't pursue my feelings because sometimes it's how much I care for you and I can be fine by just being your friend. But this is different right now, in a few more weeks I can just call you. check you on the phone but can't even hold you anytime. I've been fine just being your friend because all those years, you are very near yet so far to touch how ever it's very precious and happiest to look back on my memory lane." He started trying to be stern and I feel hurt because all those times together he was waiting for me to gaze at him at least but I never did right?. And I'm a little hurt for him. he's a good-looking guy, I wouldn't say I'm not attracted to him but that's different from my feelings for Adam in fact he is very attractive to me. But all those times he was waiting I was busy with my feelings and I never bothered because I thought he was doing good and never question why he keep changing his girlfriend every other month.