Chapter 14: Missions, Birthdays, And "Friendly" Fighting

A/N okay so this whole thing with Rin, is a theory of mine. If you haven't read the manga chapters 604-605, then you won't understand it. And, for furrier reference, I don't update on weekends cause I usually sleep and watch TV :3 but other than that, I update date (usually) 5 days a week :D and I'm so done with fillers already and this is the only one D

~Kakashi's POV~

"Happy birthday!" Kyoko sang happily as she sat beside my head on my bed. My eyes flickered open and I groaned.

"Don't wake me up for this," I waved my hand in front if her face, showing I wanted her to leave.

"Its you're birthday, you deal with being woken up!" She softly smacked my cheek, making me turn around and lay on my side. "Kakashi!" She whined, and I could almost feel her pouting.

Sighing, I say up. "Fine. I'm awake," I grumbled, rubbing my eyes.

"Yay!" She exclaimed, her arms going around my neck as she kissed my cheek. That's daily as well too now; hugging and kissing my cheek. Turning my head a bit, I kissed her cheek back; my mask was down, since she makes me keep it off but I don't mind. It was weird still, how different I am. But its because of Kyoko, and that means I don't really mind being different.

She grinned at me. "You're cute, you know that?" She told me, making me roll my eyes.

"Guys aren't supposed to be cute," I muttered.

"Fine then, you're handsome," She giggled as my face heated up. "Oh!" She exclaimed, letting me go. "I got you something!" She handed me a rectangular box that was a pure black. Raising a brow, she huffed. "If the damn thing is in your hand, what makes you think I'll just tell you what's in it? Open it!' She shoved me lightly, clearly excited about me opening it.

"You didn't really have to..." I muttered.

"Shut up and open it," Her voice changed into a pissed off one before she grinned. Rolling my eyes, I opened the rectangular box.

"Half a kunai?" It was literally half a kunai. If you stood a normal one up, its cut straight down the middle.

"Mhm~" She sang, smiling. "I have the other half. Whenever we're on a mission, you get the other half!" I still didn't understand, so she continued. "If you put the two halves together, the kunai is extremely strong. And fast. Faster than Minato-sensei,"

My eyes widened. "How did you make this?"

"Its a hobby," She stuck her tongue out at me. "Oh, and, look at your side of the handle," I turned the kunai around in my hand, only to see my name engraved in it. 'Kakashi Hatake, Her Best Friend' it exactly read.

I smiled at it. "What does yours say?" As if she was expecting the question, she pulled out her half from her kunai pouch. I took it and read what was engraved on this one. 'Kyoko Huna, His Best Friend'. They were both a bit cliche, but I liked it. "Arigato, Kyoko," I thanked, giving her a one armed hug.

"Your welcome. Now you better keep that safe! If you lose it, I'll never talk to you again!" Seeing the truthfulness in her eyes made me nod. "Good," She gave me a pat before jumping off the bed. "Get up, lazy! I already made us breakfast!" She called as she walked out of my room.

Checking the small clock in my room, I then jumped up. "We can't eat! We're already late!"

"What?! I'm out. Meet you at the training ground!" I heard a poof and I knew she had used the Transportation Jutsu and left me. Nice.

~Kyoko's POV~

"For the first time recorded in history, on Kakashi's birthday, both Kakashi and Kyoko are late and I'm not!" Obito fist pumped the air as I rested in the tree above him, waiting to pounce on him. I was a bit hyper today, but that's probably because it's Kakashi's birthday.