Chapter 4: Perfect Time To Make An Appearance

~Kakashi's POV~

Was it strange to say that it's... satisfying to hang out with her? It's weird, at least for me. She's just... always there. Not in an annoying way anymore, but as a friend. A real one.

It's almost as if it's fun to live with her. Like, she creates happiness just by being around me. And I've never been happy since my father... you know.

But, I have to admit, I'm grateful for her.

~Kyoko's POV~

Growling silently to myself as I dodged a kunai attack, I made a few hand signs before water came shooting out of my mouth. I flipped away and landed on a different tree, panting slightly.

Team Minato was currently on a mission; one that somehow meant fighting. There wasn't much details, just that we had to travel to a village to deliver a message. I guess that message was too important to let us get to the Sand.

Narrowly dodging yet another kunai, I turned my head to Kakashi. He was hiding behind a tree and was preparing a Chidori.

In my small distraction, a kunai lodged itself in my thigh. A gasp escaped my lips and I clutched around my leg, feeling an intense burning pain in it.

"Hehe... stupid blue haired freak... that one was the only one with poison laced in it." My attacker explained, smirking triumphantly.

My eyes widened and I could feel Kakashi staring at me. Yanking out the kunai, I stood straight back up. "Kyoko! Go see Rin now!" Kakashi whispered to me as he pushed me behind the tree after jumping to me.

"I can still go on! It'll take a while for the poison to spread anyway! Go do your own thing and focus on the mission!" Might I add, I'm very serious about my missions. I'm completely, as Obito put it, out of character from my normal self.

I shoved Kakashi out into the open and tore off a piece of my sleeve, wrapping it just above the wound and tying it extremely tight.

Kakashi gave me a completely worried glance before finally activating his Chidori. He charged straight for who attacked me, but I leaned against the tree when I felt the poison spread.

Damn, this'll have to end quicker.

Making more hand signs, I slammed my hand down on the bark and a puff of white cloud appeared.

"Yes, Kyoko-sama?" The voice of my summon sweetly asked.

"Go help Kakashi. When you're done, come back and help me heal myself." The giant version of a snow owl nodded before flying down towards my silver haired comrade.

Hitting my back against the tree, I slowly slid down. Focusing my Chakra, my hand turned a bright green and I began to heal myself. Hopefully I could get most of it out before the enemy found us.

You might be wondering why it's only Kakashi and I. There's an answer for that; we are the only two who can handle ourselves without our sensei. Minato had taken Rin and placed her directly in the middle of our two groups; back at our camp. Minato then split us up with him leaving with Obito for a different direction.

Yes, this was a mission for a message for the Sand village, but Minato, Kakashi, and I had sensed the enemies. Hence, our already planned out battle tactics.

I was thrown back into reality as my leg throbbed painfully. The poison was really affecting it.

My Chakra wavered and my vision went blurry for a second. What kind of poison is this?

"I see everything is going as according to plan," A menacing voice growled by my ear and my eyes widened considerably.

Quickly pulling out a kunai, I tried to stab the man in the neck. Unfortunately, I was too out of it to actually aim. Stabbing the tree, I shot up, but lost my balance. Might I add, I was in a pretty high tree.

I stared as the leaves became farther and farther away. I was waiting for the impact, and it came extremely hard. I lost the air in my lungs and I gasped loudly. "Kyoko!" Kakashi yelled but he was cut off from the person he was attacking.

My head pounded and I slowly started to sit up. Until, of course, whoever got me with the poison kunai came and sat on top of me. He pressed a different kunai to my neck hard and smirked. "Don't worry; the poison won't kill you. We're taking you back with us, pretty little girl."

I flinched at him, and fear finally over took me. I didn't show it in my face, but my heart was pounding incredibly fast and I was starting to silently hyperventilate. You might be wondering "Why are you freaking out about this? You're a damned ninja!", but, back at Mist, there was a lot of terrible things.

This was one of them.

The creepers who'd kidnap the young ones and turn them into sex slaves for who knows how long. It was the Mizukage himself who kidnapped me; shocking, isn't it? He released me after a long time though, thinking I deserved to be a ninja. Then he made me kill my comrades. You'd leave too, and you know it.

My vision was going in and out from being blurry or not and it really sucked. Not only was I unable to see Kakashi at this point, I also couldn't defend myself.

'You stupid girl...' Something growled in my mind and I panicked more. Oh Kami, not already. The insane part of me was coming back. No, no no no no no.

'I'm not a figment of your imagination, smart ass!' The voice growled, almost too real.

Finally, the fear got its claws in me; big time. An intense pain ripped through my stomach and I screamed; I've felt this before. It happened almost every time the Mizukage... you know.

"Get your filthy self off her!" The weight left my body and I cracked open my eye to see Kakashi standing protectively in front of me. I quickly re-closed the eye though, since the pain in my stomach intensified and I screamed more.

I could feel Kakashi calling my name and him shaking my shoulders, but darkness consumed me.

---

Oooooooo~ My first cliff hanger xD -Feels accomplished- Anyways, a new chapter should be up soon, yet again :D I love the feedback I got on the other one ^-^ Maybe I can get more :D?

Any who, till next time, Ja Ne~!

Fan, vote, comment