Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Caine walking towards Adam created chaos around the area.

I took a step towards them, but two strong arms wrapping around my waist brought me to a halt. Adam and the rest of the Rogues took off in the opposite direction as soon as they caught on to Caine’s intentions.

I was partly relieved by that but I knew that Locus members were all over the place. It wouldn’t take long for them to find Adam and the gang.

“Let me go!” I yelled, stomping on the foot of whoever had taken a hold of my waist.

They released me, but I felt that it was only because the group had already disappeared into the trees. I heard howls, but I wasn’t sure whose they were.

When I tried following after Caine, a hand took hold of my elbow.

“I can’t let you go.”

I turned around to face Macon, Caine’s third in command.

“I’m going whether you like it or not,” I told him, yanking my hand from his hold.

He released my arm but he started following after me.

“You won’t catch up to them, they’re too far away,” he said.

I turned around to face him. Although he was saying that, there was something in his expression that seemed unsure.

“I’m still going to try,” I said, before turning back to the direction Caine and Adam were headed too.

I ran after them.

The more I ran, the more they seemed to get ahead of me. Macon was right- I wouldn’t be able to catch up to them.

I slowed down my steps because I was feeling disappointed in myself. I was too slow. It didn’t matter if I kept chasing after the group. By the time I got to where they had been, they were already ahead.

I was breathing hard, but I continued my fast pace whenever I thought I heard them. I wasn’t even sure I was going in the right direction.

Macon didn’t say anything. He quietly followed along.

“Where are they?” I asked Macon after a while.

I was tired of pretending I knew where the heck I was going. 

“I can get you back to the Alpha’s house,” Macon offered.

I turned around to frown at him.

“I want you to tell me where they are.”

“We’re not close,” he vaguely replied.

“Alright, then take me where they are. I don’t care if we’re close or not.”

I waited for him to catch up to me so that we’d be walking side by side.

“I’m not sure that’s a good idea. The Alpha wouldn’t like that,” Macon slowly said.

I stopped and stared at him hard. I wasn’t expecting him to look down or bow to me, but he did.

“I’m your Luna now, right? Take me there. It’s an order,” I said.

I didn’t think he would do it. I was sure he would talk to Caine through their mind link to ask whether to follow my order or not, just like Victor had just hours ago.