Chapter 6

Chapter 6

“What are you doing with him?” Adam asked me.

His voice was steady and he looked guarded.

I didn’t know how to explain myself, especially without giving too much away.

Caine was still holding onto my waist tightly. When Adam asked that question, Caine’s snapped his head in my direction.

“You know him?” Caine asked, his stare burning into me.

Before I could say anything, Adam spoke out for me.

“I’ll take Charlotte and we’ll leave your territory. No harm was done,” Adam said, not letting up his stance.

“Charlotte?” Caine asked Adam, but his glare towards him didn’t falter.

“Come on Charlotte, we’re leaving,” Adam motioned to me.

“Who is Charlotte?” Caine repeated, raising his voice.

“Uh…” I muttered.

“Her name is Martha,” Caine told Adam, and he pressed me closer to his side.

“Actually….” I had just said the word, when Caine maneuvered me to stand in front of him.

Both of his hands snaked around my waist, keeping me tightly in place.

“You’re name is Martha, right?” He asked me.

His tone made it seem like he wanted me to say that yes, my name was Martha.

“When your buddies were following me yesterday, they got my name wrong,” I replied.

He narrowed his eyes at me. If it was possible, his eyes grew darker than they already were.

“I’m not leaving without Charlotte,” Adam said from behind me.

Caine didn’t drop his gaze from mine. He stared at me for a long while, making me want to cower down to him.

“You trespassed and you’re a Rogue,” Caine said to Adam.

Even though his voice was low, there was a threat behind it. I was sure Adam heard it too.

“He’s my friend,” I told him, hoping that would mean something.

“You’re in trouble too,” Caine said to me.

For some reason, his words made something in me snap.

“Excuse me? Why am I in trouble?” I asked him.

When I pushed on his chest to get away from him, he didn’t budge. I didn’t even get him to take a step back.

“She’s a human,” Adam told Caine.

“I’m aware of that.”

“I’m taking her with me whether you want it or not,” Adam told him.

I was looking at Adam pleadingly, wanting him to keep his mouth shut.

“She’s mine,” Caine growled, finally letting me go.

Only, after he released me, he made his way to Adam. Although Adam was a pretty tall guy, Caine towered over him.

Caine didn’t give Adam a chance to say anything else before he threw a punch his way. Adam stumbled back, but he didn’t fall to the ground.

“She’s not yours,” Adam said when he steadied himself.

I tapped my forehead with my hand.