Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Since I was staying alone, I chose the biggest room in the apartment.

Stupid Liam. That was all I could think while I unpacked the four suitcases I brought.

Most of my things had to stay behind in one of the houses.

While I continued putting things away, I thought of different ways I would kick Liam’s ass for getting me in this situation.

It was late in the afternoon after I’d taken a shower, when I decided to go into town. I was starving and no matter how pissed off I was, I still had to eat.

The only thing Adam had pointed out after we got here was a fast food place, and that’s because he was planning to get a burger on the way.

I decided that it would be my first stop before going grocery shopping.

I was lucky the apartment had a small refrigerator. My excitement died down when I noticed there wasn’t a stove or a microwave.

Since I was already mad at Liam for sending me away, I knew what would make me feel better- blaming him for not bothering to buy a stove.

Stupid Liam. I thought again after I got in my car.

I was glad that Adam hadn’t taken that too. He had dropped me off and was running a few miles south, which was where the rest of the gang was waiting for him.

“Who are you?” A tap on my shoulder made me turn around.

I had been standing in line at the burger joint. It was a family owned place that was crawling with more teenagers than anything.

I had apparently chosen the worst hour to come, because the place was packed.

When I turned around, I found a girl looking at me with a frown on her face.

“Are you talking to me?” I asked her, pointing at myself.

“Yeah, who are you?”

I cocked my head to the side, wondering if she was alright.

“Who are you?” I asked, putting extra emphasis on the word ‘you’.

“I asked you first,” she said, putting her hand on her hip.

I laughed, and looked up at the ceiling.

Seriously, this is the place where Liam thought I would be safe?

“What are you, five?” I asked her.

She didn’t look like she appreciated my words, because she narrowed her eyes at me.

“I asked you a question and I expect an answer.” Her tone sounded demanding.

I was about to laugh again, but the girl behind the counter called me up.

“I want a number 2 with no onions,” I ordered, as the girl chewed her gum rather loudly.

“Anything else?”

I shook my head and handed her a twenty. While she was offering me other things to buy, I could feel the girl behind me staring daggers at my back.

I tried to think back to anything I might’ve done to upset her. Honestly, I hadn’t even cut in line this time.

I moved to the side to let the person behind me order. It happened to be that girl, who only ordered a drink.