Chapter 36

I know it has been a while. I would really appreciate it if you guys didn't remind me how long I took to upload. I know it's been a while. I mean, if you really feel the need to, it's fine, just don't be so mean about it. I really do apologize for that. I hope you guys like the chapter, and comment and vote. That would totally be very encouraging now that I'm trying to come back to updating my stories. Thanks so much to all of you who have continued to support me and waited patiently (or not patiently to come back). Cheers!

Chapter 36

I walked away from Liam without saying anything. I opened the glass doors and walked out to the balcony. It was the middle of the day, and the sun should've been high up in the sky. It had been warm earlier when my parents had gotten to the pack. Suddenly, everything felt so dark.

There were clouds, it was starting to get fresh, and I knew it was going to rain.

"Charlie?" Liam called, following after me.

"Why did he do that?" I asked.

I just had to look around to see the Wolves from Locus surrounding the mansion. I was scared.

"Why did Caine agree to that?"

"He got desperate," Liam replied.

There were no words to describe how I felt. I kept making things worse for the pack. My pack. I didn't deserve them. I was destroying them. It was my fault so many Wolves had died. Now, to make me happy, Caine was transferring Wolves to Knight Pack. Tristan was going to get what he wanted and it was all for nothing.

"Has Caine spoken with Dylan? Did you know about this?" I barely recognized my voice.

Earlier I felt fine. Seeing my parents made me happy. Fighting with Caine made me angry. But I thought those feelings were better than being sad. Now, I once again felt trapped in a cage. I was drained.

"I knew Caine was going to bring your parents. He told me he was speaking with Tristan. I didn't know he would make this kind of deal. I would've told him how stupid it was. It really is, Charlie. Everyone is pissed. Heck, even Lesley is giving me shit about it. They're right."

"What am I supposed to do now?" I asked Liam, looking at him helplessly. "How am I supposed to fix this?"

Liam looked serious, thoughtful. I wasn't sure if he was mad or just worried. His eyes were dark and he suddenly looked in deep thought.

"I have an idea," he said, nodding. The serious look remained on his face, but his eyes were shifting back to hazel. "It's crazy. But it might work."

"What is it?" I asked, slowly.

"I know Caine suggested staying in the house. It seems like the smartest idea. You're safer here. But I also think you have to go and see your people. The pack is scared. Caine wants to take off. You're a stranger to them, more or less. You've been too absent. But you are still their Luna. You have to show them that."

"What exactly are you planning?"

"I can get a crew here. A big one—maybe two hundred Wolves. I don't want to celebrate just yet. We have a lot of shit going on in Midnight Moon. I need to watch out for Dylan and Leila too. But right now, I have to take care of you. I want Locus to be a home. I want you to feel safe. If Caine hands over that many Wolves, who says the rest of the pack will be loyal to him. It'll be like he gave in to Tristan. No Wolf is going to be down with that. They're not supporting that right now."

"Okay, I agree. I don't want any Wolves to leave. I'll feel guilty. I never asked Caine for this," I told Liam. And even saying those words made me feel like a bitch.