Chapter 8

Chapter 8
Olivia's POV

I drive down the road, turning right and drive ahead, slowly reaching the alleyway that I'm too familiar with. I park my car in the distance and start walking down the narrow alley, soon reaching the fenced gate, the sign "no trespassing" screaming at me stop as I jump over the gate and land on the ground covered by fresh, green grass. I start walking forward and stop before I reach the end of the cliff. I sit on the edge and stare ahead at the beautiful waves of the ocean crashing at the shore. The big rocks complimented the nice flowing waves hitting it, making the scenery too mesmerizing. It's like if I blink, I'm gonna miss the chance to see so many things that could happen in that one second, and I wanna be able to savor every single moment in here.

Me and the guys used to come here a lot when we were kids, but that become less as we grew up, mostly because when Jacob started dating, he started spending most of his time with her and we really didn't want Charlotte to come here because we swore that we'd never bring any one new here, not even Charlotte. We still come here tho, at times. I come here all the time, just because this place has too many memories that I want to hold on to.

I close my eyes and just concentrate on the sound of the waves crashing. That's until I here someone walking towards the edge of the cliff. I open my eyes and look towards my left and was surprised to see Peter. He was wearing grey sweatpants and a white hoodie, his was in the usual mess and his jaw clenched as he watched the scenery before us, as if studying every single detail of it. "The fuck are you doing here?" I ask,

"You don't own this place," he retorts back, making me roll my eyes. "Still doesn't answer my question,"

"I'm here for the same reason as you are," he says, "and what is that?" I ask, "to get away from the reality and lose yourself just for a few peaceful moments," he replies. Well yeah, that's exactly what I'm here for, to get away from the storm of thoughts that's threatening to ruin this haven that I've created. "How'd you know about this place?" I ask,

"You ask to many questions, shut the fuck up." He says emotionless. I roll my eyes yet again. It's the third fucking time I've rolled my eyes and it isn't even half the day. I remove a cigarette packet from the back pocket of my shorts and remove the last cigarette before placing it between my lips and lighting it up. I inhale and exhale the puff of smoke that's been created. I know I said I'd quit, but it helps me relax. It helps me forget things. It just helps me, I guess.

"Can I have one?" I look to see him staring at me as I smoke, asking me if he could have one. His arm is reaching out towards me, waiting for me to hand him one. I shift the cigarette between my fingers and say, "last one." That doesn't seem to bother him as his hand is still in place, hovering above the grass, waiting for me to just give him the thing he wants. I sigh and give him mine, watching him put the cigarette between his lips and exhale as he smokes.

Can you set me up with him I hear Tina say and decide to do so. "So, how's the college life treating you?" I start,

"Fine." He says,

"Didn't you have any classes today?" I ask, and he shakes his head,

"How about any girl? Are you interested in anyone?"

"Why the fuck do you care?" He says out of annoyance, "woah calm the fuck down, I'm sharing my cigarette with you I think you can answer at least that one." I say

"Well no and I don't fucking care about any girl," he simply replies. He passes the cigarette back to me and I say, "well there's this really nice girl you know. Tina, do you know her? She's hella hot and I'm sure she'll keep you happy, so maybe you should get with her," I say as I leave a puff of smoke to blend in with the atmosphere. He moves closer and takes the cigarette back from me, "that girl? Tina Olsen? Yeah that girl's a fucking creep, she keeps staring at me so fuck no!"

Oh boy this is gonna be hard.

********
HappyWatermelonKid•〰️
Sending love your way