Chapter 40

Chapter 40
Olivia's POV

He simply stands next to me as I explain our biology investigation in the class. We both did things separately and combined our work in the end. I have been ignoring his messages, calls and him for over a week now. Yes it hurts, but what he did was uncalled for. Tina hasn't talked to ever since that, Jacob and Charlotte give me a nasty look every time we cross each other, and Ethan has been by my side through out everything. I hurt him too, but he has forgiven since he isn't the only one hurting, we all are. And I blame myself for it.

"This experiment was a great demonstration of your learning and understanding, I would like you to answer everyones questions at the end of the lecture. Well done Peter and Olivia! You may take a seat now," the lecturer says and I weakly smile at her before taking my seat, far away from both Tina and him.

The lecture ends soon, we answer everyone's questions, and I leave the class as soon as possible. I hear Peter call out my name but I ignore him anyways. I feel a hand grabbing my arm and I turn around to see him, his eyes clouding with hurt. He looked miserable, like he hasn't eaten and slept in days. "Olivia we need to talk,"

"There's nothing left to say Peter,"

"Olivia please, you're not only hurting me but you're hurting yourself too. Stop it, I beg you,"

"I can't think about anything else but Tina and I's friendship, so please, just leave me alone," I say as a tear rolls down my cheek and I walk away from him. Just as I was about to leave the building I hear Tina call me "Olivia wait," she says as she rushes towards me. She grabs my hand and leads me towards my car, both of us looking at each other.

"What're you doing?" She asks, I look at her in confusion, "what do you mean?" I ask,

"Why the fuck are you ignoring Peter?"

"Huh?" I ask, not knowing what else to say.
"It's a straightforward question Liv. Why are you ignoring Peter? If the both of you have feelings for each other, why're you hurting each other like this?"

"Tina, I hurt you, how the fuck can I think about my feelings when I did to you was fucking horrible?" I place my hand on her shoulders, "T, I can't physically even think about being with Peter right now when you're hurt like this,"

"Stop thinking about me Liv, you've done a lot for me throughout the years. If I can't do this small thing for you, then what kinda best friend am I huh?" She smiles at me as we both look at each other with teary eyes, "go, go fix things with him before its too late. I need to fix things with someone else anyways," she looks at her right and looks at Ethan before facing me again, "go Liv, get your man," I let out a sob as I pull her into a tight hug, "thank you Tina, I can't tell you how relieved I am right now, thank you so much T, thank you so much!" She kisses my cheek before walking towards Ethan. I sit in the car and dial his number, going straight to voicemail.

"Peter, please call me back once you get this, we need to talk" I say before keeping my phone aside and driving straight to his house.

I push the doorbell as soon as I reach, coming face to face with his mom when she opens the door, "Hey ma'am," I address, "is Peter here? I need to talk to him,"

"No he isn't," she says expressionless,

"Do you know where he is?" I ask frantically, desperate to see him,

"No I don't, but come in, let's talk" she says and moves aside, making me hesitate but walk in nonetheless. We take a seat across each other and she begins, "Olivia," she takes my hand in hers, "I'm really sorry for behaving the way I did with you, I am just very protective of Peter, after what that girl did to him I-"

"I assure you ma'am, I would never do anything like that to him. I have genuine feelings for him, and I think I'm falling for him too, trust me, I'll always try and keep him happy. I promise,"

******
Sending love your way
HappyWatermelonKid•〰️