Chapter 6

Olivia's POV
Chapter 6

I just look at her wide eyed with my mouth hung open. Yeah I've got a face mask on but fuck it because what the hell? Is she for real? "What the fuck T how do you want me to do this?"

"I don't know Liv do whatever but just do something please," she begs,

"But how? You know that being around him for longer than 5 minutes is gonna piss me off thanks to his attitude and you want me to get him to like you? How the fuck do you expect me to do this shit huh?" I ask, my hands fly up out of exasperation.

"I don't fucking know Liv! You're supposed to be my fucking best friend and help me get this shit done. Now are you gonna help me or are you gonna be a bitch about it?"

"Ughh fine I'll do it!" She squeals and hugs me while I just chuckle, "I don't know how I'm gonna do this but I'll try. For now, let's go wash our faces, I'm exhausted." I say and walk towards the washroom and she follows.

I wake up in the morning and hop down the stairs deciding against waking Tina up. This is what I love about staying at my house instead of the dorms rooms you know, I could just wake up to see my beautiful mom make breakfast for me, I don't have to worry about roommates trashing the room and I don't have to worry about tiny work space. And I live pretty close to the college so that's great too.

As I was getting closer and closer to the kitchen, I could hear my mom and someone laughing and chatting their lives away. It was a man's voice, heavy and raspy. Who can it be? I guess it's the man my mom's been talking about, the guy she likes. Honestly I'm so happy for her, she deserves to be loved by someone who isn't just me. I'll finally get to see who this man is. I enter the kitchen to be met with the man's back. Mom noticed my presence and I could tell by how her eyes went wide. "G-good morning baby," she stuttered and her voice was high pitched. Why is she nervous? The man visibly tensed, his broad shoulders went stiff. His dark brown hair had little pecks and bits of white decorating it. "Who's this mom?" I ask and she starts biting her bottom lip, a thing she does when she doesn't know what to say and most definitely a thing that I've inherited from her.

"It's, well, it's umm-", the man turns around and cuts her off. It was my turn to be too stunned to say anything, anything at all. My shock turned to confusion, turned to anger. "What're you doing here?" I grit my teeth and stare into his green eyes. How dare he come here after what he did years ago? This man can't enter our life again after all the pain that he's put my mom through.

"Hi Liv," he says and takes slow, steady steps towards me but I raise my finger, stopping him before he gets any closer to me, "get out, GET OUT!" I scream,

"Olivia Francis get your behavior in check! That's not how you're supposed to talk to your father!" My mom shoots back.

Great, just great! This was not how I wanted my weekend to fucking start. I didn't want to start a screaming match with my mom, and I most certainly didn't want to see this man, Nick Francis, standing in between me and mom.

"Why the fuck is he here mom? After everything he did? Did you forget? He fucking cheated on you! He left us when I was ten mom! Have you forgotten all the sleepless and countless nights that you've spent just crying!"

"Olivia," she warns,

"No mom, don't say anything! I don't get why you're even talking to this, this man!" I spit as I eye him up and down.

"Do not speak about him like that!" She shouts and her voice echos. He looks at me and my mom sympathetically, smiling as he really can't do anything in this situation. Somehow, he's the only thing that's keeping my mom from walking across the kitchen and marking me on the cheek with her hand.

"Would you give him a chance to speak for heaven's sake? Don't you forget that he's your father, so just please, please give him a chance," she breaks down and sits on the stool near the kitchen island.

This better be good.
*******
HappyWatermelonKid•〰️
Sending love your way