Dazed

The two periods were double music with one of my other...how do you put it? Unpleasant teachers, Mr Kennedy. He was incredibly annoying and called on and gave demerits to people for the stupidest reasons. We all hated him and wanted the other music teacher, Mr Sarcovski, but unfortunately it just wasn't to be that year. So we were stuck with him. Surprisingly, and quite unusually, he wasn't late.

"Good afternoon, class, take a sheet and sit at your desk. Get started straight away." He spoke almost too quickly. We all knew that he was going to give us sheets just to waste time before our singing instructor, Liz, came and then these sheets would be given as homework. I rolled my eyes before putting the fakest smile on and "politely" taking a sheet from him.

"Thanks, sir," I said, too brightly. He didn't seem to notice and gave me a smile. 'Ew.'

I reached my desk and sat down. Rosey was already sitting at her desk next to me and James came and sat next to me. 'Oh great, at least it'll be a funny lesson.' I didn't like sitting near James T (too many James' were in my year) but he was funny in a weird way. 

I stared down at the page, pretending to concentrate and write something. 

"Class, stand up and tuck your seats in, and walk quietly to the theatre," Mr Kennedy called out.

'Oh shut the hell up! We do this every fortnight, it's not like we wouldn't know this already!' I thought. He really pushed my buttons.

I after I had tucked my chair in, I turned around and realised he was in my class!

'Oh my gosh, he's in your class and you don't even know his name? Wow, Chlöe, wow' my subconcious was being really rude today. 

We made our way to the theatre and we sat down. 'Thank God Emma, Rosey and Elle are in my class."

I sit in between Emma and Elle in the second row. The guy sits four seats down from mine in the front row. His voice was a lot deeper than I thought it would be, but that made his voice more recognisable than others. I smiled at the thought.

Liz started with a warm up, which was weird. We sang a song that Emma and I sang obnoxiously loudly and mucked around. I only liked double music periods because they were a bludge.

"Jared!" Liz called. I followed her eyes to the guy.

"Your voice is very deep so I can call you out because I know it's you," she warns.

'So his name's Jared?' I thought with a smile, lifting up one of my eyebrows. My stomach rumbled again. 

'Damn that stupid craving!' It had gotten stronger. I bit my lip. I didn't realise I was staring at Jared until Emma clicked her fingers in front of my face. Before I knew it, I was thinking of ways I could kill him. I was horrified of what I had thought of. 

"Chlöe, hello?"

"Uh, yeah, what Emma?" I asked, returning from my dazed state. 

"Just making sure you didn't fall alseep," she giggled. I forced a smile. I hated my cravings, and being around Jared was only making it stronger.