Instincts

I started to bleed. It stung and part of my flesh was in my hands. I felt like vomiting. Then my primitve instincts took over and I, "gags" ate it! But in a strange way, the metallic taste of the blood and the feeling of soft flesh in my mouth was disgusting but fulfilling. 

I felt my stomach rumble. But I wasn't thinking straight so i scratched off more flesh and ate it. From my arms and legs, cheeks and neck, anywhere and everywhere. And the craving got stronger. And that's when it hit me. I realised that I couldn't just keep eating my own flesh. If i did, I would kill myself.

I needed to face facts, even if they were extreme and horrific. I needed to eat other *gulp* humans to survive. My mind was no longer thinking logically. Parts would, but the craving would override them. 

I tried eating everything and anything but nothing could feed the craving. Then it dawned on me. 'I can buy and eat raw meat instead of being a cannibal!' As much as the idea grossed me out, at least didn't have to do the killing myself. 

I would have to try it out first. Only one problem. I had no money. 'Now i have to scavenge through my mother's stuff," I thought, "She's gonna kill me if she finds out. And she'll never understand." So I unlock my door as quietly as I can and sneak across the long corridor to my mother's and father's room. 

I wasn't completely sure if they were home, but I didn't think they were. I only had my mother and sister. She was probably in her room catching up on one of her tv shows.  

As i slowly swung open the door, I saw that the room was empty. 'Thank God!' I went over to her white, faded dresser. After having rummaged through makeup and purses, I finally find some $20 notes. 'Just what I need!'

I run downstairs, unlock the door and walk to the meat shop. I never really liked being in there, but now i guess, because of everything that had happened, I wouldn't want to leave. And I was right. 

As soon as I entered, I smelt blood and instantly my instincts took over. I felt my pupils dilate and my eyesight changed completely. It became 20x clearer, like that of an eagle. I let an almost inaudible growl escape me. I quickly reminded myself where I was and why I was here. And when I saw the meat, my stomach let out a low rumble.