#34: Family is Everything

Been so long!!!!

Enjoy !! ^_^

Chapter 34: Family is Everything

Two wolves crossed the barrier, the one with a russet colored fur felt shivers travel down his body and made his fur to stand up a bit, clearly feeling the barrier that surrounded the land. The black one with white tipped fur looked at the russet colored wolf with an amused expression who only growled at her in a playful manner. The black wolf growled lowly feeling the wavering barrier behind them. It lacks power now. It is not as safe as it used to be, something really alarming.

The black then strutted towards the path of the forest and made sure that what surrounds them would be out of their way. The russet could not help but roll his eyes at the display of power.

--

David was traveling the path towards his grandmother with Jewel when suddenly he felt something or more like someone crossing the barrier. Being one of the next generation of Leaders, they are naturally attuned to the barrier that surrounded them. He could not help but grin and rushed towards the pavilion where everyone had gathered. Jewel was left behind looking at the crowd with a curious glance.

Every wolf transformed into different sizes. Most of them were big, bigger than original wolves. It is seen that this pack is full of Alpha blooded children. Each have their own aura of authority.

Everyone stood in attention, it made her wait in anticipation as everyone did. They are all waiting for something to happen, or maybe someone to come.

Soon a black and russet colored wolves came into the clearing and everyone bowed. Jewel recognized the two. But this made her suspicious even more, why does this people respect them but not her, when they are of the same rank? What has she ever done to not deserve even a glance from them?

The black colored wolf bounded towards the pavilion staring at another black wolf that is currently standing in a platform. It aggressively growled at her as she growled back with the same intensity. It jumped towards her and growled even more, demanding her to bow. This made her to circle around, to assess the wolf that is now in front of her. They circled each other waiting for the other to make a move.

They stop for a second before finally both lunged at each other. They tumbled around snarling at the other. None of them tried to stop the snarling wolves, they just watched and waited for the winner. The black she wolf had felt her fatigue overcoming her body, but she still pushed through and tried to make the other wolf to surrender. But it was futile. The strength that the other have was no match to her diminishing strength. Soon enough she was pinned to the ground while her vision starts to darken.

The last thing she saw was the russet colored wolf snarling at the other wolves who tried to stop it.

--

The russet colored wolf saw it before anyone did. Saw that the she wolf's energy starts to diminish. He saw what was about to happen before it did. He started snarling when the she wolf faltered in her attacks and tried to overpower the other wolf.

He snarled at them to stop and let go when the she wolf was pinned down by the other wolf, no matter what relation the other have to the she wolf, he doesn't care. All that he thought was that he need to stop the fight before she could get hurt even more.

But once he saw that she had become limped and almost not breathing, it broke him. He transformed back and it revealed Kyle. This made everyone to stop. He stalked towards the other wolf who transformed back into a man that have the same look as Sapphire's sibling. He snarled and glared towards the man but it did not move from his position. He even tried to touch Sapphire which made Kyle to see red.