45

I wiped my tears, walking to Luke and Ashton, who both threw their arms over my shoulders, walking with me as I held them back.

"That's what I needed" I exhaled, feeling them both looking at me.

"Last bit of closure" Ashton spoke, making me slowly nod.

We ended up meeting up with Calum and Michael, who joined us on the walk to the car.

I exhaled as I sat between Calum and Ashton in the backseat, watching Luke sit completely still in the front seat, staring into space.

"Luke?" Michael hit him lightly, making him look to us.

"Let's go back home"

"We are-" "no- home, home." He spoke firmly, throwing me off.

"Let's go introduce Aaliyah to her new family, let's bond as a family rather than working constantly, lets vacation" he spoke and I couldn't help but immediately get excited.

"Luke, this is a little last minute-" "there are three oncologists in the hospital, if any of your patients need anything, it'll be covered- it's the same for all of us." Luke interrupted Ashton.

I heard Ashton sigh.

"Honestly" he ended up laughed

"I'm down"

"Same" michael spoke in agreement.

"I think we could all use a trip home" Calum nodded firmly

And then all eyes went to me

"What?" I questioned.

"Well- you get a say in what we do, how do you feel about going to Australia?" Calum asked with a smile.

I get a say.

I finally have choices.

"Let's go" I smiled simply.

We almost immediately went home

They immediately booked plane tickets

And we immediately started packing as they called into work- begging their bosses not to get mad at them

"What happens if he fires you?" I asked Ashton as his boss literally hung up on him.

Ashton smiled to me.

"He won't, but if he does- theres five other hospitals in driving distance that are constantly begging for me- it won't be a struggle to find another job" he spoke confidentially.

Luke ended up helping me pack- which consisted of the two of us arguing over what was necessities and what wasn't.

I laughed as he threw my pillow at me- it striking me in the side of the head

"Shampoo is not a packing necessity!" He yelled.

"What if they don't have the same brand of shampoo in Australia?"

"Then you'll buy a differently brand" he spoke firmly, striking me with yet another pillow.

I laughed as he almost fell on top of me

"You're such an argumentative human being" he groaned

"And think about it, I've only lived with you for three weeks"