33

"How about we go on a ride, get you out of this hospital?" He spoke, making me almost immediately nod.

I held his arm as we walked to his car, where he left the hospital without telling a soul, which could probably get him in trouble, but he didn't seem to care.

He played music quietly as I watched the trees and buildings pass, enjoying being outside.

"I have a lump-" "I know, you don't have to say it" He spoke calmly, taking my hand into his own.

"I'm going to be okay, right?" I asked, watching him park at some recreational looking park.

"Absolutely" he spoke back, nodding his head lightly.

"Come on, we can feed the ducks here"

He walked me to a pond, myself holding a loaf of bread he had from a previous visit here.

We sat at the edge of the pond in silence, throwing bread to the ducks, watching them eat it.

"I'm tired" I mumbled out, looking towards the sunset.

"Of what?" He asked me slowly.

I looked to him, the question hard to answer.

"Everything" I spoke through an exhale.

He threw an arm around me, pulling my body closer to his own.

"I wish I had a normal life" I mumbled out.

"You can have one" he mumbled.

I shook my head slowly.

"We both know I can't"

"You're underestimating us"

We ended up having to go back to the hospital, where we walked in hand-in-hand.

"Where the fuck did you guys go?" Ashton spoke quickly.

"Feed ducks" Luke spoke simply, not seeming to care in the slightest.

"Jesus Christ-" Ashton cut himself off

"Your room number is 516, no food after midnight, but we will be with you all night-" "wait- that means surgery is tomorrow" I spoke slowly.

"Yes, that's the day your dad booked it for, we didn't have much of a choice-" "I don't have a say in how long I get until I get cut open?" I questioned.

"Aaliyah, I offered him multiple dates-" "why does he even get a choice?" My voice cracked and I just knew I was about to cry again.

"Stop" Ashton spoke slowly, pulling me into a tight hug.

"Please relax, no more tears" he spoke, which only made tears come into my eyes.

"They don't even care about me, they shouldn't get to decide anything- I'm so sick of all this bullshit" tears were getting closer and closer to pooling over.

"You need some rest"

Ashton.

I could tell she was tired- which was one of the main reasons as to why she was so hormonal.

"I don't want to sleep" she spoke, rubbing her eyes- which were still swollen from the last time she cried.

"Well come on, let's go lay down and watch a movie"

She let me grab her hand, leading her to the room that was assigned to her.

I sat in her room as she showered, Luke joining me as I did so.

"She's struggling" he mumbled,

"Well aware" I spoke back, sighing to myself.

"She just wants her family" I mumbled towards him, seeing him nodding in agreement.

"Poor kid" He exhaled as we heard the bathroom door open.

She came in, wearing one of my own shirts and shorts, along with a pair of her socks, her red eyes telling me that she may have cried in the shower.

"What do you want to watch?" I asked her quietly.

She gave out a silent shrug as Michael and Calum entered, Calum pulling her into a backwards hug.

She held his hands, letting him rest his head on her shoulder.

Calum convinced her to get in bed, where he immediately laid with her, letting her rest on his chest as he played with her hair.

I could tell she was sleepy, her blinks were slower and she was completely still, just resting on Calum.

"Go to sleep Aaliyah, we'll wake you up in the morning" I spoke to her quietly, not even getting a reaction before her eyes completely shut, not opening again.

"I wish I could take her"