22

Calum pulled her into his chest, keeping her still to where Ash and Michael could make sure the area was clean.

She had stopped crying as soon as Calum hugged her, she held him tightly, blinking into his neck.

"I think our girl just wants some attention" michael spoke, his eyes moving to my own, making me slowly nod.

"I think she's a little tired too" I spoke, adjusting the cap over her hair carefully.

I watched as Ashton set the wipes down, looking to all of us before nodding slowly.

"Okay pretty girl, I need you to stay just as still as you are, you can't move at all, okay?" He spoke sternly.

She readjusted her grip on Calum and I carefully held her legs, wanting to be able to stop her if she did move.

"I need a deep breath in and then out" he spoke, grabbing the epidural needle.

She hesitantly took a deep breath in, and as he released it, he positioned it with Michaels assistance and slowly put it in, making Aaliyah almost immediately cry out.

"It hurts more this time" she cried, trying to get out of Calum's grip, making me quickly step in to hold her still.

"Ten seconds and you'll be numb" michael spoke as tears freely ran down her cheeks.

"I'm numb" she spoke after a moment, making Ashton carefully pull the needle out.

"Kick your legs for me" Michael spoke, making us all almost hold her breath as her head lifted.

Her legs moved slowly, making us all give each other happy glances.

"Worst part is over, let's get you on your tummy" Ashton spoke happily.

She worked with us, laying on her tummy, holding my hands tightly into her own.

I placed a pillow under her head to give her a little support, hearing her thank me quietly.

I comforted her in different ways, from whispering to her, to holding her hands, to kissing her head, to simply rubbing my thumbs over her knuckles and cheeks.

She was so relaxed

Her eyes blinked slow, her body was limp, she only spoke when someone addressed her

She seemed peaceful.

"When do we go home?" She asked me quietly,

"If all goes well, four or five days" michael responded.

She hummed lightly, staring forward.

"How are you feeling, pretty girl?" Ashton soon asked.

"Sleepy" She spoke in the cutest tone, making us all almost awe.

"About ten more minutes and we will leave you to get as much sleep as you desire"

"That's the best thing I've heard all day."